Real Wedding Submissions
Congratulations and best wishes on your big day! Thanks for your interest in submitting your wedding for editorial consideration in Equally Wed. Submissions may come from the couple or a wedding industry professional.
Due to the large volume of submissions, we cannot respond to every request for consideration. If we are interested in your real wedding submission, we will respond with a request for additional information.
Our new format for Real Weddings is opening the floor to you, dear readers, to tell the story of your big day. It can be as simple as the basic details or you can go all out and tell us every fabulous element of your wedding and love story up to 1,500 words. Please either email us the photos you'd like to include (minimum of 20, we're looking for a wide variety with the focus on the couple and the wedding details) or include a link to your photo gallery and your photographer’s email address so we can get publishing permission. All orientations and combination of genders (or non) are welcome. Details we must have: wedding date, both partners' names, ceremony and reception locations. Details we'd love for you to include: what made your wedding YOU: details from your ceremony, cake, food, music choices, rituals implemented, attire worn, etc. Please include a list of vendors and companies you used and loved at the end of your submission.
Please note that Equally Wed generally only features weddings of couples that have taken place within the last year. Also, we do not commit to publishing a wedding until after the event has taken place. All events should be submitted with the knowledge and permission of the couple as well as the event photographer. We do not accept submissions by mail and cannot return materials sent by mail.
As we are devoted to providing our readers original content, please do let us know if your wedding has been published elsewhere and when.
Submission of your photos, videos and letters constitutes permission to Palladino Publishing, the publisher of Equally Wed Magazine and EquallyWed.com, to use them in all media.
Best of luck on this exciting new journey. We look forward to reliving your big day!
Kirsten Ott Palladino
Editor in Chief and Cofounder, Equally Wed
SEND ALL SUBMISSIONS TO
*Please note that we are a small (but mighty!) team, and our response time is generally two weeks. Not every submission will be accepted, but all will be read and lovingly considered.
Stories, ideas, suggestions, essays, audio, video, photographs or related materials and any other materials of any kind whatsoever submitted (hereinafter, the "Submissions") will not be returned or kept confidential. All such Submissions may be used: (i) on www.equallywed.com (the "Website") and the websites of its syndication partners; (ii) for broadcast or other publication by Palladino Publishing LLC or any of its affiliated companies or entities, including, but not limited to, Equally Wed, Equally Family, Equally Ever After, Atlanta Gay Weddings, Equally Loved and distributed in all markets and media now known or hereinafter devised, worldwide and in perpetuity. By submitting the Submissions, you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions and consent to your name and geographic location possibly being published in connection with the publication, distribution and/or broadcast of your Submission(s).
1. The Submissions may be shared with Equally Wed's affiliated and related entities.
2. Neither Equally Wed nor any of its affiliated companies or entities are obligated to use or pay you for any Submission. You are not submitting the Submissions with any implied promise or understanding that payment will be made to you by Equally Wed or any party affiliated with Equally Wed.
3. It is possible that similar Submissions may be submitted to Equally Wed by multiple sources and/or that a Submission may be similar to ideas generated or developed independently by Equally Wed employees.
4. By submitting the Submissions, you irrevocably grant to Equally Wed, all of its affiliated companies and entities and each of its licensees, successors and assigns, the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, no-cost license and right to use and otherwise exploit the Submissions and all elements thereof. Equally Wed may edit the Submissions for length, clarity and/or functionality.
5. The Submissions will not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality and may be shared with and used by the staff of Equally Wed and any of its affiliated companies or entities and shared with legal authorities if Equally Wed believes it warranted. Neither Equally Wed nor any other party with whom Equally Wed shares the Submissions shall be liable for any use or disclosure of any information or Submission that you submit. You shall receive no compensation whatsoever for the Submissions or the use thereof by Equally Wed, its affiliated companies or entities, or any of its licensees, successors and assigns.
6. Equally Wed reserves the right to change due dates for Submissions or other specifics as it deems necessary in its sole and exclusive discretion.
7. By providing the Submissions, you represent and warrant that you are of the age of majority in your state of residence and at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
8. No Submission may contain any material that is abusive, vulgar, threatening, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene; or invades a person's privacy; violates any law or any intellectual property or other property or other rights; or is known to be false.