Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
Danika and Cassidy met on OKCupid and bonded over a mutual hatred of soup, although both have since both reconciled this hatred and grown to love eating it throughout Chicago’s winters. They were both happy to find someone who could keep up while in the gym and on the dance floor. Cassidy told Danika all the time that she knew she was going to marry her by their second date. It’s now been almost 3-and-a-half years of international trips, inside jokes, and, of course, movie snuggles.
“While spending the weekend after Valentine’s Day 2019 in Madison for a friend’s birthday, Danika suggested we pop into a local jewelry shop for sizing just in case one of us (her) felt like asking a certain question someday,” says Cassidy.” We were immediately mesmerized by two very sparkly rings and long story short, we bought them on the spot and called our families to share the good news,” says Danika.
“I found Danika and Cassidy last spring when I ran an engagement session contest,” says Victoria McDonald of Victoria McDonald Photography. “From the moment we started to talk about their shoot I knew they would be a bunch of fun. On a sunny Sunday morning in June we set out to document them wandering the city together. They frequently stopped for a quick salsa dance in the quiet streets of Chicago. These two are set to be married this coming summer.”
Equally Wed Editors
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Beautifully gothic Texas wedding with creative details
- Fortune Feimster marries Jacquelyn Smith in intimate beach wedding
- How to create an inclusive wedding for hearing-impaired and deaf guests
- Pope Francis endorses civil unions for same-sex couples
- Brian + Brett: Hudson Valley garden wedding with shades of purple
- 5 reasons to hire a gay photographer for your LGBTQ+ wedding
- PFLAG + OREO debut Proud Parent film and rainbow cookies
- Supreme Court justices set stage to end marriage equality
- Love Conquers All wedding giveaway theme revealed: Black is Queen
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors