In This Issue: June 2012
Gee and Juan
Madly in love, two grooms elope in Connecticut for an intimate, spiritual celebration for two.
Nicki and Carolyn
Emotions run high thanks to the heartfelt details in this couple’s nuptials, held at the bride’s family’s Southwestern estate.
David and Colin
An American-Canadian couple wed on the international boundary in a ceremony that is deeply symbolic of their love and faith.
Satyam and Tonja
A collision of cultures creates a deeply spiritual ceremony for two enlightened brides.
Home Is Where the Heart Is
An inspirational pictorial to reiterate that, regardless of what the government says, love will persevere and home will always be where the heart is.
How to Wear the Hottest Wedding Dress Trends
We picked four fresh trends with lasting power and show you how to rock the look on your wedding day.
Beauty & Grooming
23 Summer Beauty Secrets
Tying the knot in the summertime? Follow our experts’ advice on battling summer beauty woes, from melt-proof makeup to frizz-free hair.
Finding a Scent that Suits You
We chatted with renowned fragrance expert Robert Gerstner about finding your signature scent, just in time for your wedding day.
Advice from Equally Wed’s Real Wedding Alums
Who better to offer wedding planning advice than those who just said “I do”? We asked some of our favorite couples from Real Weddings’ past what pieces of advice they’d offer to the newly engaged.
Zach Wahls: Fighting for Family and Equality
Marriage equality advocate Zach Wahls, who became a YouTube sensation for his speech during a 2011 Iowa House Judiciary Committee, talks to us about the importance of family and his latest accomplishment—his first book.
Wedding Planning: There’s an App for That
Recently launched Appy Couple takes the traditional wedding website to a social interactive level, while incorporating LGBT-friendly details along the way.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- American Psychological Association says singular ‘they’ now the standard for scholarly writing
- Roxane Gay and Debbie Millman are officially engaged
- Black gothic wedding with skulls, swords and magic
- This mom’s wedding speech will make you cry in the best way
- Community was at the heart of this floral summer wedding
- Romantic engagement photos on the beach in Kauai, Hawaii
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Home anniversary photos to celebrate one year of marriage
- Wild child Southwest wedding at Rimrock Ranch in Pioneertown, California
- Why you should absolutely do a post-wedding photo shoot