In This Issue: June 2012
Gee and Juan
Madly in love, two grooms elope in Connecticut for an intimate, spiritual celebration for two.
Nicki and Carolyn
Emotions run high thanks to the heartfelt details in this couple’s nuptials, held at the bride’s family’s Southwestern estate.
David and Colin
An American-Canadian couple wed on the international boundary in a ceremony that is deeply symbolic of their love and faith.
Satyam and Tonja
A collision of cultures creates a deeply spiritual ceremony for two enlightened brides.
Home Is Where the Heart Is
An inspirational pictorial to reiterate that, regardless of what the government says, love will persevere and home will always be where the heart is.
How to Wear the Hottest Wedding Dress Trends
We picked four fresh trends with lasting power and show you how to rock the look on your wedding day.
Beauty & Grooming
23 Summer Beauty Secrets
Tying the knot in the summertime? Follow our experts’ advice on battling summer beauty woes, from melt-proof makeup to frizz-free hair.
Finding a Scent that Suits You
We chatted with renowned fragrance expert Robert Gerstner about finding your signature scent, just in time for your wedding day.
Advice from Equally Wed’s Real Wedding Alums
Who better to offer wedding planning advice than those who just said “I do”? We asked some of our favorite couples from Real Weddings’ past what pieces of advice they’d offer to the newly engaged.
Zach Wahls: Fighting for Family and Equality
Marriage equality advocate Zach Wahls, who became a YouTube sensation for his speech during a 2011 Iowa House Judiciary Committee, talks to us about the importance of family and his latest accomplishment—his first book.
Wedding Planning: There’s an App for That
Recently launched Appy Couple takes the traditional wedding website to a social interactive level, while incorporating LGBT-friendly details along the way.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Everything you need to know about planning your LGBTQ+ honeymoon
- How to choose a wedding venue
- They is 2019’s word of the year
- National groups blast GOP federal LGBTQ rights bill as permitting ‘licenses to discriminate’ by wedding vendors, religious groups
- Romantic engagement photos at Milwaukee Central Public Library
- This surprise flash mob dance party proposal will move you to tears
- Pantone reveals classic blue as its 2020 Color of the Year
- The Knot, Pinterest and Zola will stop promoting plantation weddings
- TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
- My husband and I honeymooned in South Africa. Here’s why we loved it