In This Issue: March 2012
Glenn & Michael
After pushing up their wedding date, a fun-loving couple raced against the clock to create a timeless, serendipitous event.
Kim & Randie
Two city gals go country for their rustic chic wedding at a pictorial property in upstate New York.
Kelsey & Leigh
Lovebirds exchange vows at a romantic seaside retreat in Rhode Island, embellished with avian-inspired details in a rich, organic color palette.
Shavonda & Naomi
Working solely with businesses who actively support the LGBT community, this couple infused romance with eclectic at a chic industrial art space in California.
Formal Affair: Best Suits from New York Fashion Week
New York Fashion Week saw a surge of suits, giving promise of variety for grooms come fall.
Wood You Marry Me: Wooden Wedding Bands for the One You Love
A jewelry designer in Hawaii creates stunning customized wooden wedding rings, inlaid with the world’s most coveted diamonds.
Chic Confections: Wedding Cake Trends for 2012
Coveted wedding cake designer Maggie Austin tells us what’s baking for 2012.
40 Savvy Ways to Save
Experts give us insider tips on cutting costs without sacrificing style.
Winning in Washington
Washington state’s legislative journey to recognize same-sex marriage.
Conspiracy of Silence: Being Gay in the Black Community
In a culture that thrives on religion, being gay is viewed as taboo for many African-Americans, even though the two communities share a common marital rights bond.
Green and Gay
Nestled on an immaculately landscaped setting in Connecticut, a charming eco-friendly bed and breakfast specializes in same-sex weddings.
Viva Love Vegas
Las Vegas is cashing in on the wedding industry, evolving from elopements to full scale wedding destinations, and Circus Circus Hotel and Casino is leading the pack.
Luxury in Long Island
The Garden City Hotel brings century-old decadence to modern day weddings.
Photo: Glenn and Michael by Kyle Bromley
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights