In This Issue: May 2012
Cynthia & Dana
In a city that thrives on unconventional energy, these New Yorkers turn to tradition to make their wedding dreams come true, proving there’s nothing untraditional about LGBT love.
Nick & Paul
The travel savvy West Coast couple use their creative backgrounds to create a dreamy desert ceremony in Palm Springs.
Anna & Hannah
A Chicago couple taps into the one of the bride’s heritage, flying to paradise and adding aloha inspiration into this family orchestrated event.
Brad & Michael
Rustic birch trees and a wintry, icicle-inspired color palette turned a winery into an enchanting winter wonderland for this Vermont couple.
Coast to Coast
Two inspiring same-sex wedding pictorials celebrate the growing momentum of marriage equality across America.
Colorful birthstones are replacing traditional diamonds in engagement and wedding ring sets, infusing the bands with personality and standout style.
Dress Code: A Woman’s Guide to Bespoke Suits
Fashion-forward lesbians are turning to the gentlemanly tradition of bespoke suits.
Beauty & Grooming
Beauty Treatments Worth the Splurge (and Which Ones to Avoid!)
We reveal which beauty treatments are worth the splurge before the big day, as well as money-saving alternatives.
21 Things to Know Before Choosing a Venue
Know what to look for (besides the glistening chandeliers) in your dream wedding venue.
Creating a Drama-Free Seating Chart
Seating friends and family at the reception is no easy task. Follow our suggestions to create a (hopefully) drama-free scene.
Modernizing the Last Name
Newly married couples are giving nontraditional spins to the family name.
The Rainbow Needs More Color
The predominantly white LGBTQ community lacks diversity in its organizations and media coverage.
A Contemplative Cove on Hawaii’s Big Island
Hawaii’s largest island offers an extensive LGBT-friendly itinerary for adventure-seekers and romantics alike.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Outdoor DIY fall wedding at the Solarium in Decatur, Georgia
- After 20 years, two grooms celebrate with whimsical winery wedding
- 4 things you can do if you can’t go on a honeymoon right after the wedding
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study
- Carefree bohemian beach wedding in Pensacola, Florida
- Nautical summer beach wedding with Seinfeld theme
- Waterfront brewery elopement at The Piermont in Babylon, New York
- Whimsical, rustic waterfront wedding in San Diego, California