Linda Perry Asks Sara Gilbert to Marry Her in the Sweetest Way
Sara Gilbert shares the sweetest story of how Linda Perry proposed to her.
Celebrity actress (Roseanne) and The Talk cohost Sara Gilbert announced her engagement to songwriter and record producer Linda Perry on Monday. The terrifically tender and sweet proposal from Perry had all the makings of magic, and we’re thrilled for the pair. Watch Gilbert spill all the heart-happy details in the video below, with a genuine note about marriage equality at the end, which is what prompted the normally introverted and self-described shy lesbian to share her personal story.
Gilbert has been a long-time advocate for marriage equality for same-sex couples, and publicly came out as a lesbian in 2010. Gilbert has two children with former partner Allison Adler, (co-creator of The New Normal), and has been vocal in her support of the overturning of Proposition 8 and DOMA at the Supreme Court.
Photo and news source: GLAAD
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli