Nate Berkus and Jeremiah Brent Get Engaged in Peru
It’s the week for celebrity engagements for same-sex couples!
Two days after we learn about Sara Gilbert (Roseanne, The Talk) and Linda Perry (Four Non Blondes) getting engaged, we find out that cuties Nate Berkus and boyfriend Jeremiah Brent are officially engaged to be married. The pair, who have been dating for 8-and-a-half-months, got engaged atop Machu Picchu in Peru on Monday, April 8, reports Us Weekly (who got the exclusive scoop from the grooms-to-be’s rep).
— JEREMIAH BRENT (@JeremiahBrent) April 9, 2013
TV personality and interior designer Berkus, 41, was the one to pop the question to Brent during their trip to Peru. Brent was excited and shocked, since the couple was traveling for work, a shopping trip for One Kings Lane for a designer sale project Berkus is working on for the site.
Brent, Rachel Zoe’s former assistant, and Oprah Winfrey’s favorite decorator Berkus might also be expecting a little one. The Post’s Richard Johnson reported in February that they’re hoping to become parents soon through a surrogate mother. But Brent is concerned it might not be a boy. “I wouldn’t know how to deal with a little girl,” he recently confessed to guests at the Hollywood Hills home of cookbook author and socialite Alex Hitz.
I wonder who will design their wedding? Wedding designers to the stars Preston Bailey, Mindy Weiss and Colin Cowie surely could all deliver the premium creativity we know Nate Berkus thrives on. We’ll keep you posted!
Photo: Neil Rasmus/BFAnyc
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH