Genderqueer non-binary couple Addie and Brandon held an intimate queer wedding decorated completely in rainbow.
“We intended our wedding, which took place in three different locations – on the lawn of Concord Museum, the site of writer Henry David Thoreau’s house at Walden, and at the reception room at Concord’s Colonial Inn – to have a sense of whimsy and color, playful and sweet,” wrote the couple of their queer wedding. “Rainbow was the only clear theme/style, and we infused it with DIY touches and indie voices.”
The couple exchanged vows in the lawn of the Concord Museum. The speech and vows were infused with the couple’s favorite quotes from literature and songs. Each person went down to a different song that encapsulated their personalities. Each member of the wedding party read portions of Walden that they found valuable for Brandon and Addie while they were all at Walden Pond. Afterward, there was a post-ceremony walk to Rainbow Connection.
RELATED: Read Equally Wed founder Kirsten Palladino’s feature in the Washington Post, which includes an interview with Addie about what it’s like to plan a wedding as a queer woman.
At the reception, the non-binary couple created their own playlist for guests to enjoy using Spotify. For dessert? Christmas tree cupcakes and a Santa belt cake. The outdoor day was filled with pops of color, smiles and self-expression.
Photography: Thomas Ayers
Ceremony venue: Concord Museum
Reception venue: Concord’s Colonial Inn
Florist: Aster B. Flowers
Invitation Cards: Genevieve Santos
Marrier attire: Ricky Lindsay Couture, Twigs and Honey, Rollie Nation, GrimPop on Etsy, Mo’s Bows, Blue Moonlighting, Frocks and Frills Vintage, Polo Ralph Lauren, Zonnettie by Ferrecci, Tie Fetish, Franck Michel Paris
Attendant attire: J. Crew, Anthropologie, Tie Fetish, Instinctively Indie on Etsy
Jewelry: Sueanne Shirzay, Northwood Rings, Kate Jane Hillier, Three Sisters Jewelry Design
Cake and cupcakes: Sweet Bakery
Officiant: Kimberly Hernsberger
Additional vendors: Extravagant Exits, Scrap Starz, NedaArt
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Marriage equality in India is about to see a landmark case
- A summer mountain wedding with two dads and their son, a food truck and rainbow smoke bombs in Asheville, North Carolina
- Top 5 LGBTQ+ inclusive and affirming dating apps
- These rugby brides tied the knot after one bride’s wedding party huddle
- Best ways to include dogs in weddings
- A destination mountain wedding in Breckenridge, Colorado, with a rainbow cake
- 10 lawn games to have at your spring wedding
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line