Sara Gilbert Announces Pregnancy on The Talk
Sara Gilbert and Linda Perry are having a baby!
“The Talk” host shared the news on the show when she was faced with a dare involving her laying on a bed of nails and having another bed of nails put on top of her … and then a cinder block on top of her stomach and then have it smashed with a sledgehammer.
Seems far-fetched as a dare for any sane person, pregnant or not, so maybe the producers were in on it, but her co-hosts sure looked surprised when Sara said she wasn’t going to do the dare and revealed why, stating, “I really do believe in facing your fears and doing things that make you uncomfortable, but I actually can’t do the dare because I’m pregnant,” Gilbert said, fighting back tears.
“I feel good, I feel really good…at first I was really tired,” she added.
This is Gilbert’s third child (the first two are with former partner Allison Adler, co-creator of “The New Normal”). Gilbert and her wife Linda Perry married in March 2014, and got engaged in April 2013. (Read their adorable engagement story!)
Watch the fun clip from CBS below. We love how joyous her coworkers became from the news!
Read how her closest friends and sister have been responding on Twitter (and Sara’s and Linda’s responses!):
Secret’s out! @THEsaragilbert announced she & @RealLindaPerry are having a baby on the show today! Congratulations!! pic.twitter.com/Hngzr24gYc
— Julie Chen (@JulieChen) September 9, 2014
Day 2 of #TheTalk has been my favorite day ever because @THEsaragilbert announced she’s pregnant! pic.twitter.com/d7VUuWDJj9
— Sharon Osbourne (@MrsSOsbourne) September 9, 2014
Congratulations @THEsaragilbert and @RealLindaPerry I’m about to be a Grandmama #TheTalk
— Sheryl Underwood (@sherylunderwood) September 9, 2014
I kept a big secret and now everyone can know!! @THEsaragilbert announces she’s pregnant http://t.co/3fysYXe8uc via @usatodaylife
— Melissa Gilbert (@MelissaEGilbert) September 9, 2014
Thank you all. Your warmth and enthusiasm is truly moving.
— sara gilbert (@THEsaragilbert) September 9, 2014
Thank you everyone for your awesome messages of support. @THEsaragilbert and I are beyond happy. 🙂
— linda perry (@RealLindaPerry) September 10, 2014
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding
- Best LGBTQ+ bach weekend activity ideas
- A chic Brooklyn, New York, wedding for spiritual brides with a Pride-inspired reception photoshoot