Make your event historic!
Cary Hill 1741 is an private estate, lovingly maintained for over 275 years, that specializes in intimate weddings, private parties and country retreats. Our classic 18th century manor house is decorated with colonial works of art and antiques, providing an environment that honors our history while setting an incredible backdrop for your wedding day. This classic setting is also fused with an eclectic modern vibe, creating an atmosphere that is perfect for any wedding.
Facilities and Capacity
The venue offers multiple event sites to enhance each element of your wedding day:
- Cary Hill, the original estate home with 2 restrooms, bridal suite, cocktail parlor, photo hall, 2 caterer’s kitchens, and a rustic dining room with original brick flooring
- Outdoor ceremony site and sculpture garden
- A Greek-inspired poolside lounge and entertaining room with 1 restroom, large changing screen, private bar, and an entertainment center with television, sound system, and video game console
- Private outdoor pool and slated pool deck (pool is open at Owner’s discretion from mid-May to early September)
- Guest cottage with 3 bedrooms (one king, one queen and one with extra long twins), two full bathrooms, well-appointed kitchen, and living room
- Abundant parking on the property
- Up to 100 white padded garden chairs
- Access to Cary Hill 1741 hospitality manager prior to event, and on-site host on the day
Cary Hill 1741 accommodates up to 125 guests. Please contact us for additional information, and to schedule a no-obligation tour!
Celebrate with us!
Picture Cary Hill 1741 for your:
- Wedding Ceremony
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Bridal Shower
- Engagement party
Located in Charles City, VA, Cary Hill 1741 is a short drive from Williamsburg or Richmond.