Equally Wed’s mission is to offer wedding, marriage equality, honeymoon and engagement inspiration and information to the LGBTQ+ community and the businesses who serve them.
At Equally Wed we believe strongly that Black Lives Matter. Our dedication to equality in publishing has been long-standing. Since we launched in March 2010, we have always published Black LGBTQ+ weddings, partnered with Black LGBTQ+ inclusive wedding pros and featured Black writers. We have had a long-standing policy not to publish weddings that took place on known plantations. We do not allow advertising from wedding venues on known plantations. However, we know we can do more to make progress, and we are dedicated to doing so publicly.
Our content centers on the LGBTQ+ community. As such, we only feature the wedding shoots of real LGBTQ+ couples.
We do not support plantation weddings, and we will not accept editorial or advertising submissions that feature known plantations.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions.
By submitting material to Equally Wed, including but not limited to photos, illustrations, press releases, any written content, emails, social media direct messages, website uploads directory, user profiles, wedding tools, and any other editorial or advertising submissions you grant us the perpetual right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute the submission for any purpose.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions.
Equally Wed was founded on journalistic integrity and ideals. At Equally Wed, we pride ourselves on original and accurate content. If you find something on our site that seems otherwise or out of place, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our product reviews are independent and based on research and product testing. If you visit links within our content, we may receive commissions from your purchases, but we never receive any compensation or consideration for the content of our recommendations.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions.
All participating Equally Wed vendors and advertisers have agreed to our LGBTQ+ inclusion pledge. Equally Wed reserves the right to remove any content for violating the terms of our LGBTQ+ inclusion pledge or our Terms and Conditions with no refunds given.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Updated November 2, 2020
All our contributors are required to agree to our inclusion pledge, and high ethical standards and comply with all legal requirements, including Federal Trade Commission (FTC) disclosure requirements. The contributors, and not Equally Wed, are responsible for their own content and compliance with these standards.
Equally Wed does not represent or guarantee that any contributor has achieved any particular level of expertise or knowledge or has any specific qualifications or credentials as to the subject matter to which their contributions relate. Equally Wed is also not obligated to monitor or independently research or verify any content they contribute.
We reserve the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify, suspend or discontinue (temporarily or permanently) our sites, or any part of our sites, with or without notice.
The information available through our sites is provided solely for informational purposes on an “as is” basis at user’s sole risk. Equally Wed makes no guarantees as to the accuracy, quality, or completeness of the information, and Equally Wed shall not be responsible or liable for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the information or for any user’s reliance on the information. User is solely responsible for verifying the information as being appropriate for user’s personal use, and we make no representations or warranties with regard to the content contained on our sites.
We have no obligation to, and you should not expect us to, review content on our sites, including submission or content by contributors.
Our sites are not intended for users under 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, please do not use our sites and do not provide us with any personal information.
We make no claims that our sites or any of their content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to our sites may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access our sites from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws and regulations.
We have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information related to anyone posting any materials on or through our sites. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS EQUALLY WED AND ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE COMPANY, SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
The terms Equally Wed, www.equallywed.com, www.equallywedpro.com, Equally Wed Pro and other Equally Wed trademarks and services marks, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans, are trademarks of Equally Wed or its affiliates or licensors. You may not use such marks without the prior written permission of Equally Wed. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on our sites are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Any submission you provide to us will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any submissions to us, either directly or through third party sites, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns, the perpetual right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
By submitting material to us you represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the submissions;
- the submission complies with all laws;
- You have obtained the permission of every person featured in your submission and have authorization to disclosure their personal details, including gender pronouns and sexual orientation;
- the submission does not violate the rights of any third party; and
- the submission complies with our content standard and these Terms and Conditions.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any submissions you submit or contribute and you, not Equally Wed, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, and accuracy. We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any submissions posted by you or any other user of our sites.
We cannot and do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on our sites, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
These content standards apply to all submissions and advertising on our sites. Content must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, harass, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if that is not the case.
Equally Wed deals with copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). You may not post, upload, or otherwise place any content or information on our sites that belongs to a third party, unless you have the legal right to do so. If you believe in good faith that your copyrighted work has been reproduced on our sites without authorization in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify our designated copyright agent either by mail to Copyright Agent (Legal), Palladino Publishing, LLC 2897 N. Druid Hills Road, Suite 109, Atlanta GA 30329 or in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on our sites, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material, such as the precise URL (web page) that it appeared on, along with any copies you have of that web page.
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number and email address).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the written notice is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation.
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Equally Wed, an Equally Wed employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of our sites, or which, as determined by us, may harm Equally Wed or users of our sites or expose them to liability.
- To deadname transgender individuals by sharing the name assigned to them at birth.
- To submit weddings or engagements of people for editorial or advertising purposes without their written permission.
- To intentionally or unintentionally out a person as LGBTQ+ by not obtaining their permission before submitting their name, likeness, story and photography to Equally Wed and its properties.
- To “scrape” or disaggregate data from our sites (whether by manual or automated means) for any commercial, marketing, or data compiling or enhancing purpose.
- To introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material or mechanism which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- To attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of our sites, the server on which our sites is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our sites.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of our sites.
Equally Wed maintains a separation between advertising and editorial content.
- All advertising or sponsored content on Equally Wed is clearly and unambiguously distinguished from editorial content through borders or other distinguishing elements and/or identified as an “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored” or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of an advertiser or sponsor.
- All “native” ads or paid content are identified as an “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored” or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of an advertiser or sponsor.
- Editorial content on Equally Wed is not influenced by advertisements unless the content is sponsored content, in which case, the content will be clearly demarcated and/or identified with the title “Ad,” “Advertisement,” or “Sponsored,” or a similar designation, indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of an advertiser or sponsor.
Contributors and/or Equally Wed may receive compensation for participation in third-party affiliate marketing programs, including purchases made through links to Equally Wed’s e-commerce partners. Affiliate marketing links, including product reviews, will be demarcated and/or identified with a disclaimer.
Advertisers are responsible for understanding and complying with all applicable laws and regulations, including FTC guidelines regarding advertising, native advertising disclosures, endorsements, privacy, and data security.
Equally Wed reserves the right to remove, without notice, any advertisements that violates our Terms and Conditions or our internal policies regardless of whether the advertisement was previously accepted by Equally Wed. No refunds will be given for any advertisements that are removed from our sites.
Advertisements may not contain or promote the following:
- Illegal Activities/Gambling
- Plantation Wedding Venues
- Controversial Political/Religious Issues
- Sexual/Adult Content
- Free Goods/Services
- Material Targeting Children
- Unverifiable Claim
- Before/After Images
- Health/Safety Claims
- Competitors to Equally Wed
- Malicious Software
- Landing Pages
Additionally, advertisements must:
- function uniformly on both Apple and PC formats, as well as all major internet browsers;
- not appear to compromise or influence Equally Wed’s editorial independence from advertisers;
- not create or imply the existence of any endorsement by Equally Wed of any product, service or organization;
- violate any the intellectual property rights of the Equally Wed or anything party; and
- not include open-box forms to register users or collect any data.
Advertisements may not collect and sell or license any data or mailing lists regarding Equally Wed users without Equally Wed’s prior written permission. Advertisers may not collect any personally identifiable information from Equally Wed users or place any cookies, applets or other similar files, if those files transmit any personally identifiable information to advertisers. Advertisers must handle data with appropriate care, not misuse any data which they are permitted to collect, nor collect any data for unclear purposes or without appropriate security measures.
YOUR USE OF OUR SITES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER, EQUALLY WED, NOR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES OR LICENSORS (INCLUDING OUR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR CONTRIBUTORS) SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, OUR SITES AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OUR SITES OR ARISING OUT OF ANY ACTION TAKEN IN RESPONSE TO OR AS A RESULT OF ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OUR SITES. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST EQUALLY WED AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND LICENSORS (INCLUDING OUR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR CONTRIBUTORS) ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF OUR SITES AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THEREON.
We do not review or monitor any websites, advertisements, or other media linked to or available through our sites and are not responsible for the content of any such third-party advertisements or linked websites. Prior to purchasing any third-party products or services described on our sites, you are advised to verify pricing, product quality and other information necessary to make an informed purchase. Neither Equally Wed nor its parent or any of its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, agents, representatives or licensors shall have any liability arising from your purchases of third-party products or services based upon the information provided on our sites, and we shall not receive or review complaints regarding such purchases.
WAIVER AND SEVERABILITY
Our sites are operated by Palladino Publishing, LLC 2897 N. Druid Hills Road, Suite 109, Atlanta GA 30329. If you have a question or completing regarding our site please send an email to: email@example.com. You may also contact us by telephone at 404-254-1553.
Requests to use and reproduce content published on Equally Wed should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.