This bisexual singer couldn’t find a wedding song that spoke to him—so he wrote his own
When Matthew John, singer, songwriter and LGBTQ+ activist, was searching for wedding songs, he quickly realized that many traditional romantic songs are heteronormative. None of the songs he listened to spoke to him. So he decided to write his own, titled “Everything.”
The best first dance songs you can play at your wedding
With so many options out there in every possible genre, how do you choose the perfect first dance song for your wedding? It might be easy if you and your partner already have a song that you call yours, or you might want to differ from your usual for this special occasion.
Best wedding songs for LGBTQ weddings and beyond
From R&B, pop, ultra cheesy and rock to country, folk and jazz, this is our ultimate collection of wedding songs that make us croon and swoon. Keep these wedding songs playing in a separate tab while you browse our wedding inspiration and marriage equality information.
New York–area wedding band spotlight: Silver Arrow Band
This month, we’re going crazy for Silver Arrow Band, a popular wedding music group that travels to New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and surrounding areas.
Wonderful wedding band in Baltimore, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Richmond, Washington, D.C., and surrounding areas
The Bachelor Boys, a popular wedding band that travels to Baltimore, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Richmond, Washington, D.C., and surrounding areas play a high energy mix of funk, old school, rock, jazz, current top 40, soul, swing, 70s/80s/90s hits, Latin, Afro/Cuban, and more.
Wedding ceremony music: the postlude
Classical wedding music isn’t reserved just for heteros. Gays and queers have history in the classical sense too! Here’s a lovely selection of a couple of traditional and not-so-traditional ceremony tunes for your postlude (the sweet music following the processional after you and your wedding party have exited the ceremony space).
Hozier Slams the Pope, Demanding LGBT Equality in the Catholic Church
Hozier sits down with Kelly Osbourne for a rare, in-depth discussion about the Catholic Church’s infamous impact on his single, Take Me To Church, his support for the LGBT community, and his next album.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Romantic Vancouver elopement inspiration
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding
- Torie + Alyssa: An intimate, bohemian and rustic wedding
- Uly + Ernesto: a monochrome winter engagement session at California sand dunes
- The Equally Wed LGBTQ+ wedding anniversary gift list
- Cozy in-cabin engagement photos in Manitoba, Canada
- Modern winter resort engagement photos in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Rainbow, flowers and sequins rooftop wedding in Washington, D.C.