This bisexual singer couldn’t find a wedding song that spoke to him—so he wrote his own
When Matthew John, singer, songwriter and LGBTQ+ activist, was searching for wedding songs, he quickly realized that many traditional romantic songs are heteronormative. None of the songs he listened to spoke to him. So he decided to write his own, titled “Everything.”
How to hire wedding ceremony musicians
Ceremony Music Basics When planning your ceremony, one of the most frequently asked questions is how to hire wedding ceremony musicians. If you’re wondering what…
The best first dance songs you can play at your wedding
With so many options out there in every possible genre, how do you choose the perfect first dance song for your wedding? It might be easy if you and your partner already have a song that you call yours, or you might want to differ from your usual for this special occasion.
Best wedding songs for LGBTQ weddings and beyond
From R&B, pop, ultra cheesy and rock to country, folk and jazz, this is our ultimate collection of wedding songs that make us croon and swoon. Keep these wedding songs playing in a separate tab while you browse our wedding inspiration and marriage equality information.
Stop what you’re doing and listen to this transgender awareness song
Singer songwriter Wrabel releases transgender awareness song titled “The Village” in response to Donald Trump’s treatment of the transgender community.
New York–area wedding band spotlight: Silver Arrow Band
This month, we’re going crazy for Silver Arrow Band, a popular wedding music group that travels to New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and surrounding areas.
Wonderful wedding band in Baltimore, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Richmond, Washington, D.C., and surrounding areas
The Bachelor Boys, a popular wedding band that travels to Baltimore, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Richmond, Washington, D.C., and surrounding areas play a high energy mix of funk, old school, rock, jazz, current top 40, soul, swing, 70s/80s/90s hits, Latin, Afro/Cuban, and more.
Wedding ceremony music: the postlude
Classical wedding music isn’t reserved just for heteros. Gays and queers have history in the classical sense too! Here’s a lovely selection of a couple of traditional and not-so-traditional ceremony tunes for your postlude (the sweet music following the processional after you and your wedding party have exited the ceremony space).
Hozier Slams the Pope, Demanding LGBT Equality in the Catholic Church
Hozier sits down with Kelly Osbourne for a rare, in-depth discussion about the Catholic Church’s infamous impact on his single, Take Me To Church, his support for the LGBT community, and his next album.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests
- 2023 LGBTQ+ wedding trends to watch for
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot