India decriminalizes gay sex in a landmark court ruling
After over 150 years of anti-LGBT legislation, India’s Supreme Court has finally ruled to decriminalize consensual gay sex. This was a unanimous decision and is a major victory for India’s LGBT activists after years of long legal battles fighting for change.
Bermuda legalizes same-sex marriage for the second time
The Supreme Court of Bermuda legalizes same-sex marriage for the second time after voting in support and then rescinding it in 2017.
On this day in marriage equality history—May 17, 2004
On May 17, 2004, Marcia Kadish and Tanya McCloskey made marriage equality history by becoming the first same-sex couple to legally marry in the United States when same-sex marriage became legally recognized in Massachusetts.
Marriage equality: countries that allow gay marriage
Marriage equality is important when it comes to increased protection for our community as well as visibility and normalizing of LGBTQ+ weddings, commitment, marriage, families and basic humanity. Here’s the latest list of countries that allow gay marriage.
Guests will no longer cover their ears at Australian weddings
Guests will no longer cover their ears at Australian weddings now that this offensive line has been removed from all wedding celebrations.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- 10 LGBTQ+ wedding details that will make your heart explode!
- Fairy themed trans wedding in wine country
- Stunning waterfront photos to celebrate IVF and starting a family
- ABA issues formal opinion that judges can’t refuse same-sex marriages
- I didn’t think Valentine’s Day was for queer couples—now I love celebrating it
- Feminine edgy pink and black wedding inspiration
- Southwestern garden wedding inspiration
- Bank lobby flash mob proposal
- This Republican bill seeks to strip gay marriage rights in Tennessee
- Red and purple African diaspora wedding