India decriminalizes gay sex in a landmark court ruling
After over 150 years of anti-LGBT legislation, India’s Supreme Court has finally ruled to decriminalize consensual gay sex. This was a unanimous decision and is a major victory for India’s LGBT activists after years of long legal battles fighting for change.
Bermuda legalizes same-sex marriage for the second time
The Supreme Court of Bermuda legalizes same-sex marriage for the second time after voting in support and then rescinding it in 2017.
On this day in marriage equality history—May 17, 2004
On May 17, 2004, Marcia Kadish and Tanya McCloskey made marriage equality history by becoming the first same-sex couple to legally marry in the United States when same-sex marriage became legally recognized in Massachusetts.
Marriage equality: countries that allow gay marriage
Marriage equality is important when it comes to increased protection for our community as well as visibility and normalizing of LGBTQ+ weddings, commitment, marriage, families and basic humanity. Here’s the latest list of countries that allow gay marriage.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- On the first day of same-sex marriage in Taiwan, 157 couples will wed
- Here’s everything you need to include on your wedding website
- These are the top destinations for LGBTQ+ Pride events this year
- 11 wedding hats that will make your day as dapper as possible
- Should you both propose? 4 questions to consider before asking
- This fall countryside wedding has all the moody, romantic vibes you need
- 5 spring weddings we love that make great seasonal inspiration
- This romantic fall wedding has some seriously gorgeous foliage
- 5 things I’ve learned about LGBTQ+ weddings as an Equally Wed editor
- Tropical destination white beach wedding in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico