India decriminalizes gay sex in a landmark court ruling
After over 150 years of anti-LGBT legislation, India’s Supreme Court has finally ruled to decriminalize consensual gay sex. This was a unanimous decision and is a major victory for India’s LGBT activists after years of long legal battles fighting for change.
Bermuda legalizes same-sex marriage for the second time
The Supreme Court of Bermuda legalizes same-sex marriage for the second time after voting in support and then rescinding it in 2017.
On this day in marriage equality history—May 17, 2004
On May 17, 2004, Marcia Kadish and Tanya McCloskey made marriage equality history by becoming the first same-sex couple to legally marry in the United States when same-sex marriage became legally recognized in Massachusetts.
Marriage equality: countries that allow gay marriage
Marriage equality is important when it comes to increased protection for our community as well as visibility and normalizing of LGBTQ+ weddings, commitment, marriage, families and basic humanity. Here’s the latest list of countries that allow gay marriage.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank
- Alabama mayor suggests killing LGBTQ+ people and other LGBTQ+ news
- A ‘Straight Pride’ parade is planned and people are very upset
- The creators of the same-sex Barbie wedding set just got married
- You can win the Midwestern Pride wedding of your dreams—here’s how