Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
Mashaun and Elvis’s Georgia wedding was simple and non-traditional with a relaxed and celebratory reception. The wedding color scheme was inspired by their birthstones, amethyst for Mashaun and aquamarine for Elvis in March.
Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
The far-reaching impact of the fight for marriage equality reverberates five years after the U.S. Supreme Court decided the issue.
Costa Rica’s ‘Si, acepto’ campaign promotes LGBTQ+ acceptance ahead of marriage equality
Personal stories are emphasized in a new campaign underway in Costa Rica to bring about social and cultural acceptance of LGBTQ+ people ahead of marriage equality being legalized in the Central American country in 2020.
Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
Although LGBTQ people may get married in every state, there are more than 4 million LGBTQ people who can be fired for being who they because they live in the 28 states where there are no laws banning LGBTQ discrimination.
Lesbian pioneers in fight for marriage equality now in bitter divorce battle challenging definition of marriage
An Atlanta lesbian couple that made national headlines more than a decade ago to have their same-sex relationship recognized as the same as heterosexual married couples by a private golf club are now in the midst of a messy divorce that includes arguing over what a legal marriage is.
Same-sex marriage recognized by Bulgarian court in landmark decision
A Bulgarian court has recognized the marriage of a same-sex couple in a decision that could help pave the way for legalizing marriage equality in the conservative Eastern European country.
Northern Ireland politician reverses stance on same-sex marriage after daughter marries woman
The former first minister of Northern Ireland who has opposed and voted against same-sex marriage as a member of Parliament says he changed his stance on the issue after his daughter married a woman.
Lesbian tennis players made history by playing together at Wimbledon
Alison van Uytvanck and Greet Minnen’s first time playing doubles together was at Wimbledon. They have been together for three years.
Elizabeth Warren wants to give same-sex couples $57 million tax refunds
Senator Elizabeth Warren, who is running in the 2020 Democratic presidential primary, re-introduced the Refund Equality Act in the Senate.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal