Costa Rica’s ‘Si, acepto’ campaign promotes LGBTQ+ acceptance ahead of marriage equality
Personal stories are emphasized in a new campaign underway in Costa Rica to bring about social and cultural acceptance of LGBTQ+ people ahead of marriage equality being legalized in the Central American country in 2020.
Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
Although LGBTQ people may get married in every state, there are more than 4 million LGBTQ people who can be fired for being who they because they live in the 28 states where there are no laws banning LGBTQ discrimination.
Lesbian pioneers in fight for marriage equality now in bitter divorce battle challenging definition of marriage
An Atlanta lesbian couple that made national headlines more than a decade ago to have their same-sex relationship recognized as the same as heterosexual married couples by a private golf club are now in the midst of a messy divorce that includes arguing over what a legal marriage is.
Same-sex marriage recognized by Bulgarian court in landmark decision
A Bulgarian court has recognized the marriage of a same-sex couple in a decision that could help pave the way for legalizing marriage equality in the conservative Eastern European country.
Northern Ireland politician reverses stance on same-sex marriage after daughter marries woman
The former first minister of Northern Ireland who has opposed and voted against same-sex marriage as a member of Parliament says he changed his stance on the issue after his daughter married a woman.
Lesbian tennis players made history by playing together at Wimbledon
Alison van Uytvanck and Greet Minnen’s first time playing doubles together was at Wimbledon. They have been together for three years.
Elizabeth Warren wants to give same-sex couples $57 million tax refunds
Senator Elizabeth Warren, who is running in the 2020 Democratic presidential primary, re-introduced the Refund Equality Act in the Senate.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing