Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
The Respect for Marriage Act, a bill that overturns the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act and forces states without marriage equality laws to honor marriages from other states, is on track to become law.
A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
A look at the proposed Respect for Marriage Act bill and what it would do if Obergefell v. Hodges is overturned
Switzerland votes overwhelmingly to legalize marriage equality
Amnesty International called the moment a “milestone for equality.”
Couple flooded with kindness after Tennessee wedding venue rejected them for being gay
Multiple venues in Tennessee, Louisiana, and West Virginia reached out offering to host their wedding at a large discount.
In victory for LGBTQ+ people, Supreme Court won’t hear case involving anti-LGBTQ florist
“60 percent of states still don’t have express protections for LGBTQ people like the kind in Washington State. Our work isn’t over yet.”
I got to marry her: Celebrating six years of marriage equality
Like most couples who married in 2020, our wedding was not at all what we planned. But I got to marry her, and it was beautiful.
Luxury handbag brand ‘The Mrs. Clutch’ celebrates LGBTQ+ couples all year long
The Mrs. Clutch stands up for the LGBTQ+ community year-round.
Beekman 1802 farm to host Pride Month wedding marathon
To top it all off, the ceremonies will take place inside a gorgeous rainbow-colored glass house.
Pope Francis endorses civil unions for same-sex couples
Pope Francis declares support for civil union laws for same-sex couples in a new documentary.
Supreme Court justices set stage to end marriage equality
Justices suggest marriage equality will be on the chopping block as the Senate aims to confirm Amy Coney Barrett
Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
Mashaun and Elvis’s Georgia wedding was simple and non-traditional with a relaxed and celebratory reception. The wedding color scheme was inspired by their birthstones, amethyst for Mashaun and aquamarine for Elvis in March.
Marriage equality is now available in Northern Ireland
Same-sex marriage is now legally recognized in Northern Ireland, beginning today.
Costa Rica’s ‘Si, acepto’ campaign promotes LGBTQ+ acceptance ahead of marriage equality
Personal stories are emphasized in a new campaign underway in Costa Rica to bring about social and cultural acceptance of LGBTQ+ people ahead of marriage equality being legalized in the Central American country in 2020.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding