Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
Although LGBTQ people may get married in every state, there are more than 4 million LGBTQ people who can be fired for being who they because they live in the 28 states where there are no laws banning LGBTQ discrimination.
This couples’ portrait session turned into the sweetest surprise proposal
Cecilia and Ruth decided to take couples’ photos at Duncan Gardens in Spokane, Washington—and it turned into a surprise proposal!
Garden engagement photos at the Franklin Park Conservatory
Cliff and Christian met on a dating app five years ago. They celebrated their engagement with romantic photos at the Franklin Park Conservatory.
What our editors are reading & loving on September 27, 2019
Here are a few things we have read recently that are absolutely worth reading (and sharing).
Spring country club wedding in Stockton, California
Justine and Bre had their traditional and multicultural wedding in a country club in Northern California on a stormy spring day.
This book celebrates the life stories of butch and masculine queer heroes
Eloisa Aquino’s The Life and Times of Butch Dykes features stories of queer heroes who have bucked feminine norms and lived extraordinary, creative lives.
What our editors are reading & loving on April 24, 2019
Catch up on what the Equally Wed Magazine editors are reading (and loving) in LGBTQ+ news, culture and opinion this week.
The Knot cuts ties with anti-LGBTQ videographer after he refused to film an LGBTQ+ wedding
Earlier this week, Equally Wed reported that MediaMansion, a Colorado videography company, turned down a couple’s request for filming their wedding when it learned that…
Middle schoolers serenade teacher and his husband-to-be at the couple’s wedding rehearsal dinner 😭 [VIDEO]
Middle school students in Hingham, Mass. surprised their teacher and his husband-to-be at the couple’s rehearsal dinner by serenading them with the Beatles’ “All You Need Is Love.”
6 truths I’ve learned in 10 years of dating my high school sweetheart
When Macey and I started dating in high school, I had no idea what to expect. I was excited about our future but really couldn’t…
Why this wedding shop is getting praise for its wheelchair window display
This week, the wedding shop The White Collection Bridal Boutique in Portishead, England, went viral for including a wheelchair in one of their window displays with wedding dresses.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal
- Moody fall photos turned surprise proposal in San Antonio, Texas
- This couples’ portrait session turned into the sweetest surprise proposal
- What our editors are reading & loving on October 9, 2019