Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
The LGBTQ+ wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago wedding featured vintage, tropical and bright elements.
Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
Enter now for a chance to win a virtual wedding and honeymoon package worth $10,000!
Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
Nicole and Andrea’s New Jersey multicultural wedding featured their sweet pup, Gucci
Hollywood-themed luxury wedding with Italian inspiration
Christopher and Jacob met in North Hollywood while out dancing, and wanted to incorporate the Hollywood luxury vibe throughout their wedding.
United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy
The United Methodist Church has announced a proposal that would allow for congregations that don’t support same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy to break off and form their own denomination.
Everything you need to know about planning your LGBTQ+ honeymoon
There’s a world out there of honeymoon opportunities, including beach vacations, craft beer and vineyard tours, cruises and cross-country road trips.
Elegant garden wedding at historic mansion in Hudson, New York
Alison and Melissa got married in September on a fall day in the Hudson Valley. They chose a historic mansion and were married in a garden.
Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
Although LGBTQ people may get married in every state, there are more than 4 million LGBTQ people who can be fired for being who they because they live in the 28 states where there are no laws banning LGBTQ discrimination.
This couples’ portrait session turned into the sweetest surprise proposal
Cecilia and Ruth decided to take couples’ photos at Duncan Gardens in Spokane, Washington—and it turned into a surprise proposal!
Garden engagement photos at the Franklin Park Conservatory
Cliff and Christian met on a dating app five years ago. They celebrated their engagement with romantic photos at the Franklin Park Conservatory.
What our editors are reading & loving on September 27, 2019
Here are a few things we have read recently that are absolutely worth reading (and sharing).
Spring country club wedding in Stockton, California
Justine and Bre had their traditional and multicultural wedding in a country club in Northern California on a stormy spring day.
Why our double proposal is a celebration of LGBTQ+ pride
Macey and I were celebrating our brand new engagement just a day after it happened when we got the first texts that asked, “Do you…
This book celebrates the life stories of butch and masculine queer heroes
Eloisa Aquino’s The Life and Times of Butch Dykes features stories of queer heroes who have bucked feminine norms and lived extraordinary, creative lives.
What our editors are reading & loving on April 24, 2019
Catch up on what the Equally Wed Magazine editors are reading (and loving) in LGBTQ+ news, culture and opinion this week.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding