What our editors are reading & loving on September 27, 2019
Here at Equally Wed, we love staying current on LGBTQ+ news, pop culture, culture, opinion, personal essays and more. Here are a few things we’ve read recently that are absolutely worth reading (and sharing).
Very Online: Instagram Has a Conversion Therapy Problem, Rachel Charlene Lewis, Bitch.
Are You My Home?, Ashley-Devon W., Autostraddle.
What Does Dressing For Work Actually Mean?, Universal Standard.
How Butch/Femme Subcultures Allow Gay Women to Thrive, Megan Christopher, i-d.
Trans Women of Color Are Shaping the Future of HIV Advocacy, Octavia Y. Lewis, Rewire.
In and out of the closet: Rejecting the heteronormative binary of “coming out,” Hari Zayid, Black Youth Project.
Non-binary people share their self-care tips, Serena Sonoma, Wear Your Voice.
Why It Matters That ‘Emily Doe’ in the Brock Turner Case Is Asian-American, Lisa Ko, The New York Times.
Between the Binary: My Gmail Won’t Stop Deadnaming Me, Sandy Allen, Them.
Mattel’s Gender-Neutral Doll Line Is A Huge Affirmation For Nonbinary Folks, Jay Polish, Bustle.
When Lesbian Publishing Made It Big, Sara Luterman, The New York Times.
Queer Teens Like Katie Eder Will Save Us From the Climate Catastrophe, Christine Linnell, The Advocate.
The Importance of Social Media When It Comes to LGBTQ Kids Feeling Seen, The Washington Post.
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Outdoor DIY fall wedding at the Solarium in Decatur, Georgia
- After 20 years, two grooms celebrate with whimsical winery wedding
- 4 things you can do if you can’t go on a honeymoon right after the wedding
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study
- Carefree bohemian beach wedding in Pensacola, Florida
- Nautical summer beach wedding with Seinfeld theme
- Waterfront brewery elopement at The Piermont in Babylon, New York
- Whimsical, rustic waterfront wedding in San Diego, California