What our editors are reading & loving on September 27, 2019
Here at Equally Wed, we love staying current on LGBTQ+ news, pop culture, culture, opinion, personal essays and more. Here are a few things we’ve read recently that are absolutely worth reading (and sharing).
Very Online: Instagram Has a Conversion Therapy Problem, Rachel Charlene Lewis, Bitch.
Are You My Home?, Ashley-Devon W., Autostraddle.
What Does Dressing For Work Actually Mean?, Universal Standard.
How Butch/Femme Subcultures Allow Gay Women to Thrive, Megan Christopher, i-d.
Trans Women of Color Are Shaping the Future of HIV Advocacy, Octavia Y. Lewis, Rewire.
In and out of the closet: Rejecting the heteronormative binary of “coming out,” Hari Zayid, Black Youth Project.
Non-binary people share their self-care tips, Serena Sonoma, Wear Your Voice.
Why It Matters That ‘Emily Doe’ in the Brock Turner Case Is Asian-American, Lisa Ko, The New York Times.
Between the Binary: My Gmail Won’t Stop Deadnaming Me, Sandy Allen, Them.
Mattel’s Gender-Neutral Doll Line Is A Huge Affirmation For Nonbinary Folks, Jay Polish, Bustle.
When Lesbian Publishing Made It Big, Sara Luterman, The New York Times.
Queer Teens Like Katie Eder Will Save Us From the Climate Catastrophe, Christine Linnell, The Advocate.
The Importance of Social Media When It Comes to LGBTQ Kids Feeling Seen, The Washington Post.
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal