What our editors are reading & loving on September 27, 2019
Here at Equally Wed, we love staying current on LGBTQ+ news, pop culture, culture, opinion, personal essays and more. Here are a few things we’ve read recently that are absolutely worth reading (and sharing).
Very Online: Instagram Has a Conversion Therapy Problem, Rachel Charlene Lewis, Bitch.
Are You My Home?, Ashley-Devon W., Autostraddle.
What Does Dressing For Work Actually Mean?, Universal Standard.
How Butch/Femme Subcultures Allow Gay Women to Thrive, Megan Christopher, i-d.
Trans Women of Color Are Shaping the Future of HIV Advocacy, Octavia Y. Lewis, Rewire.
In and out of the closet: Rejecting the heteronormative binary of “coming out,” Hari Zayid, Black Youth Project.
Non-binary people share their self-care tips, Serena Sonoma, Wear Your Voice.
Why It Matters That ‘Emily Doe’ in the Brock Turner Case Is Asian-American, Lisa Ko, The New York Times.
Between the Binary: My Gmail Won’t Stop Deadnaming Me, Sandy Allen, Them.
Mattel’s Gender-Neutral Doll Line Is A Huge Affirmation For Nonbinary Folks, Jay Polish, Bustle.
When Lesbian Publishing Made It Big, Sara Luterman, The New York Times.
Queer Teens Like Katie Eder Will Save Us From the Climate Catastrophe, Christine Linnell, The Advocate.
The Importance of Social Media When It Comes to LGBTQ Kids Feeling Seen, The Washington Post.
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams