Secret garden wedding in downtown San Jose, California
Katelyn and Lauren’s downtown San Jose Hotel De Anza wedding transported guests into a secret garden filled with hundreds of fragrant blooms in vibrant red, pink and white. Add in gold accents, the calming sound of an indoor fountain, the soft flicker of candlelight and an epic cupcake tower for the full dreamy impact of their wedding.
Fate brought Katelyn and Lauren back together after life dealt Katelyn a rather rough hand with the loss of a close family member. At the same time, the pair, who had recently broken up, realized that they truly love each other and wanted one another in their lives. After rekindling their relationship, they moved in together.
Six months later, Katelyn and Lauren were on a road trip back to California from Washington. They were taking the scenic coastal route and stopped in Crescent City. They decided to go stretch their legs and soak in the beach views, but Katelyn knew something was up. Lauren was nervously pacing back and forth as they approached the beach. She then blurted out, “All right, I need to do this now or else I’m not going to be able to!” and asked for Katelyn to marry her. Katelyn said yes!
Photographer: Corinna Rose Photography
Event Planner: Moggia Events
Venue: Hotel De Anza
Cake Designer: Icing on the Cake
Tuxedo: Tuxedo Fashions
Event Designer: Bloomsters
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study
- Carefree bohemian beach wedding in Pensacola, Florida
- Nautical summer beach wedding with Seinfeld theme
- Waterfront brewery elopement at The Piermont in Babylon, New York
- Whimsical, rustic waterfront wedding in San Diego, California
- This is the history behind the traditional wedding gift rules you’ve heard
- Rustic mountain wedding at The Red Barn at Hampshire College
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia