Secret garden wedding in downtown San Jose, California
Katelyn and Lauren’s downtown San Jose Hotel De Anza wedding transported guests into a secret garden filled with hundreds of fragrant blooms in vibrant red, pink and white. Add in gold accents, the calming sound of an indoor fountain, the soft flicker of candlelight and an epic cupcake tower for the full dreamy impact of their wedding.
Fate brought Katelyn and Lauren back together after life dealt Katelyn a rather rough hand with the loss of a close family member. At the same time, the pair, who had recently broken up, realized that they truly love each other and wanted one another in their lives. After rekindling their relationship, they moved in together.
Six months later, Katelyn and Lauren were on a road trip back to California from Washington. They were taking the scenic coastal route and stopped in Crescent City. They decided to go stretch their legs and soak in the beach views, but Katelyn knew something was up. Lauren was nervously pacing back and forth as they approached the beach. She then blurted out, “All right, I need to do this now or else I’m not going to be able to!” and asked for Katelyn to marry her. Katelyn said yes!
Photographer: Corinna Rose Photography
Event Planner: Moggia Events
Venue: Hotel De Anza
Cake Designer: Icing on the Cake
Tuxedo: Tuxedo Fashions
Event Designer: Bloomsters
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Love Conquers All wedding giveaway theme revealed: Black is Queen
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration