Alaina Leary Lavoie
7 ways for LGBTQ+ couples to incorporate their chosen family into their weddings
Chosen families are just as important, if not more important, to many of us in the LGBTQ+ community, and we deserve to honor them at our weddings.
Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
Mashaun and Elvis’s Georgia wedding was simple and non-traditional with a relaxed and celebratory reception. The wedding color scheme was inspired by their birthstones, amethyst for Mashaun and aquamarine for Elvis in March.
Cozy in-cabin engagement photos in Manitoba, Canada
Kelsey and Kristin took their engagement photos in a cabin in Gimli, Manitoba, where they got engaged a few months prior.
Modern winter resort engagement photos in Scottsdale, Arizona
The Scott Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona, was the perfect setting for Kory and Nick’s winter engagement photos.
Rainbow, flowers and sequins rooftop wedding in Washington, D.C.
Will and Joe had a colorful, fun rooftop wedding with lots of rainbow and sequins. The more sparkle and accessories, the better.
Colorful, whimsical wedding inspiration in Atlanta, Georgia
This wedding inspiration was based on bright, colorful, whimsical elements of a luxury spring or summer wedding in Atlanta, Georgia.
Intimate dinner party wedding with butterfly release ceremony
Mark and John released butterflies during their wedding ceremony and then had a very intimate dinner party-style reception with guests.
New Hampshire summer wedding at Mount Sunapee ski resort
Stefani and Nellie have a family history of going to Mount Sunapee, making it the perfect place to celebrate their marriage.
Lakeside sunset fall wedding with fireworks sendoff
Andy and Brian decorated their fall lakeside wedding with pictures of famous popstars like Whitney Houston and Celine Dion.
Romantic Christmas proposal in Lotte Hotel in New York, New York
Marc surprised Keith with a Christmas-themed proposal in New York City, surrounded by holiday decorations and a guitar player playing their favorite song.
Summer camp wedding weekend in the Cascade Mountains
April and Jenny had a colorful September summer camp-themed wedding weekend in the Cascade Mountains of Marblemount, Washington.
Modern summer ranch wedding in Burbank, California
Anthony and Ray got married in June at Calamigos Equestrian ranch in Burbank, California.
Hollywood-themed luxury wedding with Italian inspiration
Christopher and Jacob met in North Hollywood while out dancing, and wanted to incorporate the Hollywood luxury vibe throughout their wedding.
Fall golden hour mountain elopement with dog attendants
Maleah and Taylor got married in October and had an intimate and romantic golden hour elopement overlooking the mountains.
Tented outdoor summer beach wedding in Mattapoisett, Massachusetts
Leah and Grace got married at their family’s oceanfront home in Mattapoisett, Massachusetts, with an outdoor ceremony and tented reception.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor