Equally Wed launched in 2010 to showcase gay, lesbian, transgender, bisexual and queer weddings to validate the relationships that traditional bridal magazines wouldn’t show. We were born out of the need to command visibility for our authentic love, and the need isn’t over. We’re a LGBTQ+ owned equality minded online publication for wedding inspiration and information, as well as a vociferous and creative voice in the marriage equality and wedding equality movement. Add your voice by submitting your story. You are an important part of this community!
What we’re looking for:
- Real LGBTQ Weddings
- Real LGBTQ Engagements
- Personal Essays
- Expert Advice
- Styled shoots of real couples and LGBTQ+ folks
- Family portraits
We accept submissions via Two Bright Lights and Submittable. Please click on the images below to submit.
*Please note that we are a small (but mighty!) team, and our response time is generally two weeks. Not every submission will be accepted, but all will be read and lovingly considered.
Stories, ideas, suggestions, essays, audio, video, photographs or related materials and any other materials of any kind whatsoever submitted (hereinafter, the “Submissions”) will not be returned or kept confidential. All such Submissions may be used: (i) on www.equallywed.com (the “Website”) and the websites of its syndication partners; (ii) for broadcast or other publication by Palladino Publishing LLC or any of its affiliated companies or entities, including, but not limited to, Equally Wed, Equally Family, Equally Ever After, Equally Wed Pro, Atlanta Gay Weddings, Equally Loved, GA Voice, AOL, Style Me Pretty, AOL’s Lifestyle Collective, Modern Traditions, and distributed in all markets and media now known or hereinafter devised, worldwide and in perpetuity. By submitting the Submissions, you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions and consent to your name and geographic location possibly being published in connection with the publication, distribution and/or broadcast of your Submission(s).
1. The Submissions may be shared with Equally Wed’s affiliated and related entities.
2. Neither Equally Wed nor any of its affiliated companies or entities are obligated to use or pay you for any Submission. You are not submitting the Submissions with any implied promise or understanding that payment will be made to you by Equally Wed or any party affiliated with Equally Wed.
3. It is possible that similar Submissions may be submitted to Equally Wed by multiple sources and/or that a Submission may be similar to ideas generated or developed independently by Equally Wed employees.
4. By submitting the Submissions, you irrevocably grant to Equally Wed, all of its affiliated companies and entities and each of its licensees, successors and assigns, the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, no-cost license and right to use and otherwise exploit the Submissions and all elements thereof. Equally Wed may edit the Submissions for length, clarity and/or functionality.
5. The Submissions will not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality and may be shared with and used by the staff of Equally Wed and any of its affiliated companies or entities and shared with legal authorities if Equally Wed believes it warranted. Neither Equally Wed nor any other party with whom Equally Wed shares the Submissions shall be liable for any use or disclosure of any information or Submission that you submit. You shall receive no compensation whatsoever for the Submissions or the use thereof by Equally Wed, its affiliated companies or entities, or any of its licensees, successors and assigns.
6. Equally Wed reserves the right to change due dates for Submissions or other specifics as it deems necessary in its sole and exclusive discretion.
7. By providing the Submissions, you represent and warrant that you are of the age of majority in your state of residence and at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
8. No Submission may contain any material that is abusive, vulgar, threatening, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene; or invades a person’s privacy; violates any law or any intellectual property or other property or other rights; or is known to be false.