How Do We Recognize Blended Families in Our Wedding Invitations?
How can we honor all the important people on our wedding invitations? Editorial director and LGBTQ wedding expert Kirsten Ott weighs in.
Our Families Don’t Know We’re Queer or Our Gender Identification and We’re Getting Married
As we approach our engagement party where our families will meet our partner for the first time, as well as each other, we are feeling…
Who Walks Down the Aisle and Who Waits at the Altar in a Lesbian Wedding?
Who walks down the aisle, who waits at the altar, does it matter if you’re in a suit or a dress? What’s correct for our…
The Guest List: When Your Friends Just Don’t Understand
Q We’ve invited everyone in our social circle to our wedding, except one fairly new guy who I—and my fiancé—really can’t stand. He makes mean…
Judge Won’t Officiate Our Wedding—Should We Call it Off?
We were excited about coming to New York to get married until the judge said he would not perform the ceremony because his Catholic priest…
We’re a Binational Gay Couple: Can We Marry in the US?
Q I am legally married in Spain. My husband is a Spain citizen. I am a USA citizen. Can we also get married in the…
Should Unsupportive Relatives Be Invited To My Daughter’s Lesbian Wedding?
Q I’m so glad I found you! My daughter and her wonderful perfect girlfriend just got engaged! We adore our soon-to-be daughter-in-law and our whole extended…
When a Man Proposes to His Boyfriend, Is It With a Ring?
I’m planning on proposing to my boyfriend, and I’m wondering how other men propose to one another?
We’re Purchasing Clothing from India for the Wedding Party — Do We Still Need to Buy Them Gifts?
Q My fiancé and I are getting married in a few weeks. I’m Indian, and we wanted Indian clothes for the ceremony. I went to…
My Wife is Now Legally Male – Is Our Legal Gay Marriage Still Legal as a Heterosexual Marriage?
Q Now that my wife is legally male, and we were legally wed as a gay couple does our marriage now hold legally in all 50…
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Romantic engagement photos at Milwaukee Central Public Library
- This surprise flash mob dance party proposal will move you to tears
- Pantone reveals classic blue as its 2020 Color of the Year
- The Knot, Pinterest and Zola will stop promoting plantation weddings
- TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
- My husband and I honeymooned in South Africa. Here’s why we loved it
- Tropical blue and green beach wedding in St. Petersburg, Florida
- 6 real weddings that will get you in a cozy mood for the holidays
- How we organized our wedding party from across the country
- How my family lives a minimalist lifestyle so we can travel