Do I Have to Invite Wedding Shower Guests to My Wedding?
What’s the etiquette on showers? It feels weird to invite people to a shower who aren’t invited to the wedding, but my sister wants to throw one for me.
How Do We Recognize Blended Families in Our Wedding Invitations?
How can we honor all the important people on our wedding invitations? Editorial director and LGBTQ wedding expert Kirsten Ott weighs in.
Our Families Don’t Know We’re Queer or Our Gender Identification and We’re Getting Married
As we approach our engagement party where our families will meet our partner for the first time, as well as each other, we are feeling…
Who Walks Down the Aisle and Who Waits at the Altar in a Lesbian Wedding?
Who walks down the aisle, who waits at the altar, does it matter if you’re in a suit or a dress? What’s correct for our…
The Guest List: When Your Friends Just Don’t Understand
Q We’ve invited everyone in our social circle to our wedding, except one fairly new guy who I—and my fiancé—really can’t stand. He makes mean…
Judge Won’t Officiate Our Wedding—Should We Call it Off?
We were excited about coming to New York to get married until the judge said he would not perform the ceremony because his Catholic priest…
We’re a Binational Gay Couple: Can We Marry in the US?
Q I am legally married in Spain. My husband is a Spain citizen. I am a USA citizen. Can we also get married in the…
Should Unsupportive Relatives Be Invited To My Daughter’s Lesbian Wedding?
Q I’m so glad I found you! My daughter and her wonderful perfect girlfriend just got engaged! We adore our soon-to-be daughter-in-law and our whole extended…
When a Man Proposes to His Boyfriend, Is It With a Ring?
I’m planning on proposing to my boyfriend, and I’m wondering how other men propose to one another?
We’re Purchasing Clothing from India for the Wedding Party — Do We Still Need to Buy Them Gifts?
Q My fiancé and I are getting married in a few weeks. I’m Indian, and we wanted Indian clothes for the ceremony. I went to…
My Wife is Now Legally Male – Is Our Legal Gay Marriage Still Legal as a Heterosexual Marriage?
Q Now that my wife is legally male, and we were legally wed as a gay couple does our marriage now hold legally in all 50…
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- How I found the perfect wedding dress as a plus-size queer woman
- Chic bohemian beach Lucha Libre themed wedding
- How do you know when you’re ready to propose? We asked a real couple
- Intimate spring wedding at Butler Park in Austin, Texas
- Gay parents forced to leave Russia due to ‘gay propaganda law’
- Mrs. and Mrs. items that make great LGBTQ+ wedding gifts
- Fun engagement photos at Three Lives & Co. bookstore
- Burgundy and blue spring wedding in San Francisco, California
- Intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina in Spain
- Elegant and rustic Malibou Lake Lodge wedding