Do I Have to Invite Wedding Shower Guests to My Wedding?
What’s the etiquette on showers? It feels weird to invite people to a shower who aren’t invited to the wedding, but my sister wants to throw one for me.
How Do We Recognize Blended Families in Our Wedding Invitations?
How can we honor all the important people on our wedding invitations? Editorial director and LGBTQ wedding expert Kirsten Ott weighs in.
Our Families Don’t Know We’re Queer or Our Gender Identification and We’re Getting Married
As we approach our engagement party where our families will meet our partner for the first time, as well as each other, we are feeling…
The Guest List: When Your Friends Just Don’t Understand
Q We’ve invited everyone in our social circle to our wedding, except one fairly new guy who I—and my fiancé—really can’t stand. He makes mean…
Who Walks Down the Aisle and Who Waits at the Altar in a Lesbian Wedding?
Who walks down the aisle, who waits at the altar, does it matter if you’re in a suit or a dress? What’s correct for our…
Judge Won’t Officiate Our Wedding—Should We Call it Off?
We were excited about coming to New York to get married until the judge said he would not perform the ceremony because his Catholic priest…
We’re a Binational Gay Couple: Can We Marry in the US?
Q I am legally married in Spain. My husband is a Spain citizen. I am a USA citizen. Can we also get married in the…
Should Unsupportive Relatives Be Invited To My Daughter’s Lesbian Wedding?
Q I’m so glad I found you! My daughter and her wonderful perfect girlfriend just got engaged! We adore our soon-to-be daughter-in-law and our whole extended…
When a Man Proposes to His Boyfriend, Is It With a Ring?
I’m planning on proposing to my boyfriend, and I’m wondering how other men propose to one another?
We’re Purchasing Clothing from India for the Wedding Party — Do We Still Need to Buy Them Gifts?
Q My fiancé and I are getting married in a few weeks. I’m Indian, and we wanted Indian clothes for the ceremony. I went to…
My Wife is Now Legally Male – Is Our Legal Gay Marriage Still Legal as a Heterosexual Marriage?
Q Now that my wife is legally male, and we were legally wed as a gay couple does our marriage now hold legally in all 50…
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- On the first day of same-sex marriage in Taiwan, 157 couples will wed
- Here’s everything you need to include on your wedding website
- These are the top destinations for LGBTQ+ Pride events this year
- 11 wedding hats that will make your day as dapper as possible
- Should you both propose? 4 questions to consider before asking
- This fall countryside wedding has all the moody, romantic vibes you need
- 5 spring weddings we love that make great seasonal inspiration
- This romantic fall wedding has some seriously gorgeous foliage
- 5 things I’ve learned about LGBTQ+ weddings as an Equally Wed editor
- Tropical destination white beach wedding in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico