Do I have to invite engagement party guests to my wedding?
Q Do I have to invite engagement party guests to my wedding?
A Engagement party guests naturally assume that they’ll be at your wedding-and rightfully so. For this reason, ask your host to invite to the engagement party only people who are going to be invited to the wedding. Don’t have your wedding guest list set? Play it safe by shortening the engagement party guest list to the people you are sure will be invited to the wedding-your inner circle of friends and family. It’s always better to expand the circle of invitees for the wedding rather than, in a panic, realize later that you need to cut people out of the circle.
Have a wedding question you need answered? Email me at email@example.com and we’ll figure it out! Questions may be edited for clarity and length before publication. Need a quick fix? Buy my book!
Portions of this text is an excerpt of Equally Wed: The Ultimate Guide to Planning Your LGBTQ+ Wedding, copyright of Kirsten Palladino, published by Seal Press, an imprint of Perseus Books, LLC, a subsidiary of Hachette Book Group, Inc.
Kirsten Ott Palladino
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day