Morgan and Allie’s parents walked each of them down the aisle at their Kentucky park lesbian wedding. The marriers acted like parents themselves as they walked their own dogs down the aisle as well. Allie’s father remained at the end of the aisle where he stayed to officiate the ceremony.
Instead of hiring a florist, the couple created their own floral arrangements, made from an assortment of wild flowers. Colorful paper cranes hung above Allie and Morgan’s head as they exchanged vows under the bright blue sky.
The marriers did not place their wedding rings on each other’s hand during the ceremony, instead picking their Italian wedding rings up during their honeymoon. Doughnuts and Bloody Marys were served alongside a creative unicorn cake for dessert.
This lesbian wedding was a beautiful, simple park wedding in Louisville, KY. They had an intimate ceremony with Allie’s father officiating. Their dogs were included in the ceremony! They had a morning wedding with brunch, yard games and cocktails. It was very unique and so much fun! They were beaming with joy all day, I don’t think I took one serious photo of them!
From the photographer, Caitlin Taylor
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding
- Where to propose at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget