Liss and Sindy took their North Carolina backyard and turned it into an elegant wedding filled with rustic details, all created by the couple themselves.
Sindy and Liss had a do-it-yourself wedding, starting with their invitations that were handmade by Sindy and printed at home.
The couple’s backyard was transformed into an elegant wedding venue. Benches and tables that were handmade by the marriers were used to decorate the space and provide seating for all of their guests. Liss and Sindy cut trees from their home as well as a friend’s to get enough wood to use to make the decor.
Sindy and Liss’s wedding video captures all the love the two have for each other, making the backyard wedding come to life.
Sindy walked down the aisle with son Bryan and daughter Ashley. Liss was accompanied daughter Karla and son Carlos.
Following the ceremony, grilled steak with mushrooms and chicken in mango sauce were served for dinner paired with roasted asparagus and potatoes. An open bar was also available for guests.
Photographer: Gerardo Villalobos
Videographer: Chris Cheek
Jewelry: Kay Jewelers
Attire: David’s Bridal and Brilliant Bridal
Catering: Catering By Brandon
Cake: Cakes by Jamila
Officiant: Yesenia Polanco
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day