A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
A look at the proposed Respect for Marriage Act bill and what it would do if Obergefell v. Hodges is overturned
Wedding photographer seeking right to turn away LGBTQ+ couples loses lawsuit
Emilee Carpenter claimed that New York nondiscrimination laws protecting LGBTQ+ people violated her freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and her right to due process. A judge disagreed.
Chile becomes the 31st country to legalize marriage equality
Despite being known as a largely conservative country, both houses of parliament voted overwhelmingly in favor of the bill that will make LGBTQ marriage legal for all Chileans.
Thai activists continue to fight for marriage equality after court rules against it
LGBTQ marriage is currently not legal in Thailand, despite the fact that the country’s Constitution explicitly states that all citizens are equal no matter their sexual orientation.
LGBTQ+ people in Spain now have access to IVF treatment to build their families
While IVF is free through the Spanish healthcare system, it has only been available to partnered heterosexual women for the past six years.
State Dept. should allow embassies to advocate for marriage equality, Democrats say
“Where marriage is a significant public issue abroad, we trust you would want your Administration to be standing on the right side of history.”
Botswana court of appeals hears case on decriminalization of homosexuality
The High Court of Botswana unanimously ruled that the criminalization of homosexuality was unconstitutional, but the government has appealed the ruling.
Cardi B surprise officiated a lesbian wedding with help from Raven Symoné
When Cardi took center stage, both the crowd and Shannon went wild.
Lesbian brides accidentally wore the same dress and the first look photos are priceless
The brides will surely treasure the stunned, joyous reactions Smith captured for the rest of their lives.
Switzerland votes overwhelmingly to legalize marriage equality
Amnesty International called the moment a “milestone for equality.”
Couple flooded with kindness after Tennessee wedding venue rejected them for being gay
Multiple venues in Tennessee, Louisiana, and West Virginia reached out offering to host their wedding at a large discount.
In victory for LGBTQ+ people, Supreme Court won’t hear case involving anti-LGBTQ florist
“60 percent of states still don’t have express protections for LGBTQ people like the kind in Washington State. Our work isn’t over yet.”
Supreme Court rules Philadelphia must work with adoption agency that discriminates against LGBTQ+ people
While the decision was certainly a setback for LGBTQ+ rights, it also wasn’t the great loss it could have been.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Where to propose at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests
- 2023 LGBTQ+ wedding trends to watch for
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding