Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
The far-reaching impact of the fight for marriage equality reverberates five years after the U.S. Supreme Court decided the issue.
Coronavirus wedding planning: advice on postponing and canceling
Many of you have expressed fear and concern about your upcoming weddings during these unprecedented and uncertain times of the spread of coronavirus. We hear you, and we understand your fear.
Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study
The Knot 2019 Real Weddings Study shows that today’s couples are focused on inclusivity and individuality, and are forgoing gendered traditions.
Tennessee joins trend of states passing anti-LGBTQ+ adoption laws
Tennessee is expected to soon become the latest state to allow faith-based adoption and foster care agencies to discriminate against LGBTQ+ families while still receiving taxpayer funding.
United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy
The United Methodist Church has announced a proposal that would allow for congregations that don’t support same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy to break off and form their own denomination.
Orlando Pride soccer star Ali Krieger and goalie Ashlyn Harris are married
Orlando Pride soccer players Ali Krieger and Ashlyn Harris have officially tied the knot. The celebrity couple married at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens in Miami, Florida, on Saturday, Dec. 28, 2019.
Zola unsure it will run ads on Hallmark Channel following same-sex wedding commercial controversy
The company whose same-sex wedding commercials were abruptly pulled from the Hallmark Channel for being “too controversial” is not sure it will advertise with the network again despite an apology and promise to reinstate the ads.
National groups blast GOP federal LGBTQ rights bill as permitting ‘licenses to discriminate’ by wedding vendors, religious groups
The recently introduced federal “Fairness for All Act” bill is “anything but fair” to LGBTQ+ people.
The Knot, Pinterest and Zola will stop promoting plantation weddings
The Knot, Zola and Pinterest are changing their policies to stop promoting content that includes former plantations as wedding venues.
TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
The social media app TikTok has been limiting the reach of certain users to allegedly combat bullying, including LGBTQ+ people’s videos.
Chick-fil-A won’t change anti-LGBTQ+ ways despite recent promises
The fast food chain Chick-fil-A recently promised to stop donating to anti-LGBTQ+ organizations, but the CEO says they aren’t changing their ways.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day