Pennsylvania-based Star Barn venue bars gay weddings
The Star Barn wedding venue in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, bars gay weddings based on the venue owner’s religious beliefs.
What our editors are reading & loving on April 3, 2019
Catch up on what the Equally Wed Magazine editors are reading (and loving) in LGBTQ+ news, culture and opinion this week.
Vice launched a gender-inclusive free stock photo library
Vice Media recently launched The Gender Spectrum, a gender-inclusive free stock photo library featuring trans and nonbinary models.
Chick-fil-A donated $1.8 million to anti-LGBTQ+ groups
Fast food chain Chick-fil-A promised to stop donating to anti-LGBTQ+ groups, but then donated $1.8 million to these groups in 2017.
Supreme Court rejected the Hawaii B&B that denied a lesbian couple
The Supreme Court recently rejected an appeal from Aloha Bed & Breakfast in Hawaii after the owner turned away a lesbian couple in 2007.
There will be a presidential primary debate entirely on LGBTQ+ issues
Later this year, the Democratic presidential candidates will appear at an LGBTQ+ forum hosted by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC).
U.S. soccer stars Ali Krieger and Ashlyn Harris are now engaged
National Women’s Soccer League players Ali Krieger and Ashlyn Harris are engaged and are celebrating their decade-long relationship with a wedding.
You can now get a nonbinary X marker on your ID in Indiana
Indiana has become the latest state to allow transgender and nonbinary residents to apply for an “X” marker on their state-issued IDs.
The trans pride flag emoji finally exists — here’s how you can get it
Android users recently discovered it’s possible to create the trans pride flag emoji by combining two existing emojis together.
Couple goes viral after little boy realizes ‘two princesses’ can get married
Bea and Emma, a newlywed couple from Scotland, went viral after a little boy called them ‘two princesses’ on their wedding day.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- These are the top destinations for LGBTQ+ Pride events this year
- 11 wedding hats that will make your day as dapper as possible
- Should you both propose? 4 questions to consider before asking
- This fall countryside wedding has all the moody, romantic vibes you need
- 5 spring weddings we love that make great seasonal inspiration
- This romantic fall wedding has some seriously gorgeous foliage
- 5 things I’ve learned about LGBTQ+ weddings as an Equally Wed editor
- Tropical destination white beach wedding in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Harry Potter wedding ideas for an absolutely magical day
- This couple took photos with their dog at Downeast Cider in Boston