A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
Texas-based makeup artist Kristian Cardenas was turned down to work a wedding when the homophobic bride learned that Kristian is gay.
Alabama mayor suggests killing LGBTQ+ people and other LGBTQ+ news
Your recap of recent LGBTQ+ news, including an Alabama mayor who suggested killing LGBTQ+ people in a public Facebook post.
A ‘Straight Pride’ parade is planned and people are very upset
The ‘Straight Pride’ parade is tentatively scheduled for August 31 in Boston, Massachusetts.
Celebrity wedding planner Colin Cowie’s extravagant South African safari proposal to Danny Peuscovich
Wedding planner to the stars Colin Cowie recounts to Equally Wed exactly how he pulled off his luxury proposal to boyfriend Danny Peuscovich on a South African safari.
Why Mr. Ratburn’s gay wedding in Arthur is so important for LGBTQ+ kids
In the season 22 premiere of “Arthur,” Mr. Ratburn — Arthur’s teacher — came out as gay and got married to his partner Patrick.
This book celebrates the life stories of butch and masculine queer heroes
Eloisa Aquino’s The Life and Times of Butch Dykes features stories of queer heroes who have bucked feminine norms and lived extraordinary, creative lives.
The first black female Army Ranger just proposed to her girlfriend
Shortly after making history by becoming the first black female soldier to pass Ranger School, Sgt. 1st. Class Janina Simmons proposed to her girlfriend.
This gay Instagram couple did an epic, honest breakup photo shoot
Rob and Devin of @dadsnotdaddies posted an honest photo series announcing their breakup that doesn’t shy away from hardship and loss.
What our editors are reading & loving on April 24, 2019
Catch up on what the Equally Wed Magazine editors are reading (and loving) in LGBTQ+ news, culture and opinion this week.
19 LGBTQ+ inclusive Texas wedding vendors save the day for two grooms rejected by bigoted venue
Aaron Lucero and Jeff Cannon were turned away by the Venue at Waterstone, so 19 LGBTQ+ inclusive Texas wedding vendors are donating a free wedding to them.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
Follow Equally Wed on Instagram!
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration
- Anthony + Paul: boho-lux Portugal destination wedding
- Lakesha + Nikia: Decatur, Ga. outdoor wedding during the coronavirus
- David + Andrew: Midwestern Pride Wedding Giveaway winners marry
- Romantic Vancouver elopement inspiration
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding