Cardi B surprise officiated a lesbian wedding with help from Raven Symoné
Two California brides experienced the wedding of a lifetime when rapper Cardi B stepped out to officiate.
The event was broadcast as a recent episode of Cardi’s Facebook Watch series, Cardi Tries. One bride, Brandi, worked with both Cardi and actress Raven Symoné to plan a surprise pop-up wedding for her fiancée, Shannon.
When Shannon arrived at the outdoor venue, she thought she was attending her engagement party. Brandi revealed it was actually their wedding day before Shannon was whisked off to get her hair and makeup done.
Even the brides’ friends and family didn’t know it was a wedding until Brandi stepped out in a wedding dress. They all cheered with shock and excitement as the two brides walked down the aisle. And when Cardi took center stage, both the crowd and Shannon went wild.
“I’m gonna get these two beautiful ladies married,” Cardi said. “It’s not only a special day for you guys. It’s a special day for me, and I want to thank you guys for making me a part of your beautiful journey.”
The surprises continued when Raven emerged with the rings.
“Looking at them look at each other in their eyes, it reminded me of my wedding day when I really wanted to see my wife in a beautiful wedding dress,” Raven said after the ceremony.
The occasion was filled with so much joy. When the brides kissed , everyone clapped and cheered loudly. The brides then followed their kiss with an epic handshake they had clearly created together.
In the midst of all the joy, there were also some more somber moments. While getting ready, Brandi opened up to Raven and Cardi about her mom’s absence at the wedding due to her lack of support for LGBTQ+ relationships.
“You always want those moments where you and your mom get to do this together,” Brandi said. “I love her. I have no ill feelings about her not being here. I know she wishes me well.”
The trio further discussed the realities of family support. Cardi spoke about her own mother’s journey toward accepting her sister’s girlfriend. While it was difficult at first, Cardi said, her mother has since embraced her wholeheartedly.
But Raven added that isn’t always the case, and said sometimes parents simply do not come around. She encouraged Brandi to lean on Shannon’s parents for support.
Fortunately, Brandi’s aunt stepped in for the day. She made sure her niece had everything she needed, including a piece of her own wedding dress as her “something old.”
Along with dress piece, Brandi’s aunt wrote a special note that said, “May this day always be special to you from the hem of my heart to the hem of yours.”
The 18-minute episode has received 1.8 million views so far.
filed under: Cardi B, Raven Symoné, Lesbian Wedding, Pop-up Wedding, Surprise Wedding, LGBTQ+ Wedding
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts