Cardi B surprise officiated a lesbian wedding with help from Raven Symoné
Two California brides experienced the wedding of a lifetime when rapper Cardi B stepped out to officiate.
The event was broadcast as a recent episode of Cardi’s Facebook Watch series, Cardi Tries. One bride, Brandi, worked with both Cardi and actress Raven Symoné to plan a surprise pop-up wedding for her fiancée, Shannon.
When Shannon arrived at the outdoor venue, she thought she was attending her engagement party. Brandi revealed it was actually their wedding day before Shannon was whisked off to get her hair and makeup done.
Even the brides’ friends and family didn’t know it was a wedding until Brandi stepped out in a wedding dress. They all cheered with shock and excitement as the two brides walked down the aisle. And when Cardi took center stage, both the crowd and Shannon went wild.
“I’m gonna get these two beautiful ladies married,” Cardi said. “It’s not only a special day for you guys. It’s a special day for me, and I want to thank you guys for making me a part of your beautiful journey.”
The surprises continued when Raven emerged with the rings.
“Looking at them look at each other in their eyes, it reminded me of my wedding day when I really wanted to see my wife in a beautiful wedding dress,” Raven said after the ceremony.
The occasion was filled with so much joy. When the brides kissed , everyone clapped and cheered loudly. The brides then followed their kiss with an epic handshake they had clearly created together.
In the midst of all the joy, there were also some more somber moments. While getting ready, Brandi opened up to Raven and Cardi about her mom’s absence at the wedding due to her lack of support for LGBTQ+ relationships.
“You always want those moments where you and your mom get to do this together,” Brandi said. “I love her. I have no ill feelings about her not being here. I know she wishes me well.”
The trio further discussed the realities of family support. Cardi spoke about her own mother’s journey toward accepting her sister’s girlfriend. While it was difficult at first, Cardi said, her mother has since embraced her wholeheartedly.
But Raven added that isn’t always the case, and said sometimes parents simply do not come around. She encouraged Brandi to lean on Shannon’s parents for support.
Fortunately, Brandi’s aunt stepped in for the day. She made sure her niece had everything she needed, including a piece of her own wedding dress as her “something old.”
Along with dress piece, Brandi’s aunt wrote a special note that said, “May this day always be special to you from the hem of my heart to the hem of yours.”
The 18-minute episode has received 1.8 million views so far.
filed under: Cardi B, Raven Symoné, Lesbian Wedding, Pop-up Wedding, Surprise Wedding, LGBTQ+ Wedding
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Stunning private beach elopement in Moorea
- Joyous park engagement session in Washington with canine cameos
- State Dept. should allow embassies to advocate for marriage equality, Democrats say
- How to pick the perfect proposal spot
- Bright and joyful wedding at a Los Angeles automobile museum
- Sunny South Carolina elopement surrounded by greenery
- Elegant micro wedding ideas with live music and chic blue cake
- Lance Bass & Michael Turchin can’t stop gushing about their newborn twins
- Oklahoma elopement in the Wichita Mountains with enchanting all-black attire
- Creative LGBTQ+ wedding ideas for your clients
- This couple transformed their home into a fabulous wedding venue
- Botswana court of appeals hears case on decriminalization of homosexuality
- Cozy at home proposal with coffee and kisses
- Cardi B surprise officiated a lesbian wedding with help from Raven Symoné
- Keep an eye out for these 2022 wedding trends
- September garden wedding at a 15th century Italian villa
- Lesbian brides accidentally wore the same dress and the first look photos are priceless
- Glowing sunset wedding in Glacier National Park
- Dreamy greenhouse engagement session in New Jersey
- How to choose a wedding hairstyle