Meagan + Amanda
Engagement Location: Dallas, Texas
Meagan proposed to Amanda on the front porch of the home they had recently purchased together. Amanda thought they were simply doing a photo shoot to celebrate the home purchase, but she was in the for the surprise of a lifetime.
The Love Story
“Amanda and I have a modern day tinderella kind of love,” Meagan said. “She ‘super liked’ me on tinder, which is a total not-playing-it-cool move. She claims it was an accident; I claim it was fate.”
Meagan wanted to meet Amanda within minutes of talking to her, so they quickly set up a first date. A few days before they were set to meet, they ran into each other at an event.
“It didn’t take me long to lock onto the most gorgeous woman I had ever seen in my life,” Megan said, “and that woman just so happened to be the one I had a date with in a couple of days. She came over to say hi and officially introduce herself in person, and I was hooked.”
Their first date a few days later went very well.
I was completely captivated by everything about her,” Meagan said. “Her energy, her smile, her style, her little giggles between sentences, the way she moved her hair, the way she spoke so passionately about her main people, her work, her love of fitness and music.”
But Amanda wasn’t feeling the same way. After 6 months, she broke it off. Meagan was heartbroken, but ten months later, they found one another again.
“It really goes to show you that true love is as much about right timing as it is about the person,” Meagan said. “In many ways, it felt like we picked up right where we left off, but everything was so much better than anything we had felt the first time around. I knew I wanted her for the rest of my life after dating only 2 weeks. And now, almost 3 years later, I’m certain that I have found a true partner in life: one who’s values in life, perspective of the world, and interests align entirely with mine.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Whitney Rogers Photography
filed under: engagement, proposal, LGBTQ+ engagement, LGBTQ+ proposal, coffee, kisses, LGBTQ+ homeowners
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Stunning private beach elopement in Moorea
- Joyous park engagement session in Washington with canine cameos
- State Dept. should allow embassies to advocate for marriage equality, Democrats say
- How to pick the perfect proposal spot
- Bright and joyful wedding at a Los Angeles automobile museum
- Sunny South Carolina elopement surrounded by greenery
- Elegant micro wedding ideas with live music and chic blue cake
- Lance Bass & Michael Turchin can’t stop gushing about their newborn twins
- Oklahoma elopement in the Wichita Mountains with enchanting all-black attire
- Creative LGBTQ+ wedding ideas for your clients
- This couple transformed their home into a fabulous wedding venue
- Botswana court of appeals hears case on decriminalization of homosexuality
- Cozy at home proposal with coffee and kisses
- Cardi B surprise officiated a lesbian wedding with help from Raven Symoné
- Keep an eye out for these 2022 wedding trends
- September garden wedding at a 15th century Italian villa
- Lesbian brides accidentally wore the same dress and the first look photos are priceless
- Glowing sunset wedding in Glacier National Park
- Dreamy greenhouse engagement session in New Jersey
- How to choose a wedding hairstyle