5 things I’ve learned about LGBTQ+ weddings as an Equally Wed editor
Editing dozens of real weddings and engagements, interview wedding industry experts, attending events and talking to couples has taught me a lot.
How this feminist event is creating a more inclusive wedding industry
The Rebelution Resurge is an event with a huge focus on the importance of representation and LGBTQ+ inclusivity in the world of weddings.
15 amazing New Year’s resolutions for LGBTQ+ people for 2019
Queer folks, we need our own resolutions. We need to live in 2019 in a way that speaks to us, that allows us to practice radical self-love in the face of oppression and a very binary, heteronormative society. Here are New Year’s resolutions I’m proposing for LGBTQ+ people so we can make next year our gayest year ever.
Pros and cons of displaying an LGBTQ+ inclusivity symbol
My informal research revealed a general consensus from celebrants, officiants and ministers that the rainbow badge was still valid as an indicator that the website author was an LGBTQ+ ally and that their website was a safe place.
How to handle questions from family about the wedding
After you announce that you’re engaged, questions—and expectations—start to follow. Maybe they’re mainly from your family of origin or maybe your friends and chosen family are starting to exhaust you with all their follow-ups. If you need help navigating all the questions you’re getting, here’s where to start.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- These are the top destinations for LGBTQ+ Pride events this year
- 11 wedding hats that will make your day as dapper as possible
- Should you both propose? 4 questions to consider before asking
- This fall countryside wedding has all the moody, romantic vibes you need
- 5 spring weddings we love that make great seasonal inspiration
- This romantic fall wedding has some seriously gorgeous foliage
- 5 things I’ve learned about LGBTQ+ weddings as an Equally Wed editor
- Tropical destination white beach wedding in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Harry Potter wedding ideas for an absolutely magical day
- This couple took photos with their dog at Downeast Cider in Boston