I didn’t think Valentine’s Day was for queer couples—now I love celebrating it
The first year my now-fiancée, Macey, and I celebrated Valentine’s Day, we did it because I pitched a story on it: We’d never actually honored…
I’m asexual—here’s how I wish we celebrated Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is more complicated as an asexual adult. Where it used to be about celebrating everyone that you love—whether those feelings are platonic or romantic—Valentine’s Day is now a nightmare for me. No matter where you turn, love is being conflated with sexual desire, and it’s frankly exhausting.
How to celebrate your anniversary when it’s in the winter
My partner and I just celebrated our 10-year dating anniversary and like we have been pretty much every other year, we were lost as to…
6 truths I’ve learned in 10 years of dating my high school sweetheart
When Macey and I started dating in high school, I had no idea what to expect. I was excited about our future but really couldn’t…
3 questions you should ask yourself before proposing this holiday season
With the holiday season in full swing and the new year fast approaching, it’s easy to get caught up in all the romance. There’s no doubt that spending the holidays surrounded by romance with your partner can make you feel like you absolutely have to propose before 2019 officially begins.
Meet the incredible couple behind Broadway Husbands
When Stephen Hanna and Bret Shuford met in 2006, they were young and ambitious artists trying to make a name for themselves in the Big…
How do you know when you’re ready to propose? We asked a real couple
Stevi and Ashleigh got engaged over Thanksgiving after spending three years together. We spoke with them about what it’s like to date long distance, how to know when it’s the right time to get engaged and their adorable dogs, Colbi J and Monte Rey.
I learned to survive my sexual assault by writing love letters
How do you survive something you never thought you’d be able to survive?
Here’s how LGBTQ+ couples are spending the holidays together
With the holiday season in full swing, many people are navigating questions like: How do we want to celebrate? Who do we want to celebrate with? Do we have the ability to incorporate all the traditions and people that matter to us? What’s the best way to compromise?
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- If you’re thinking of proposing, here are 8 ways to pop the question
- Wife Swap will have its first episode featuring black gay dads
- What our editors are reading & loving on April 24, 2019
- Romantic beach engagement photos on the Oregon Coast
- 19 LGBTQ+ inclusive Texas wedding vendors save the day for two grooms rejected by bigoted venue
- LGBTQ-friendly wedding planning apps you need to try
- On the first day of same-sex marriage in Taiwan, 157 couples will wed
- Here’s everything you need to include on your wedding website
- These are the top destinations for LGBTQ+ Pride events this year
- 11 wedding hats that will make your day as dapper as possible