3 questions you should ask yourself before proposing this holiday season
With the holiday season in full swing and the new year fast approaching, it’s easy to get caught up in all the romance. There’s no doubt that spending the holidays surrounded by romance with your partner can make you feel like you absolutely have to propose before 2019 officially begins.
Meet the incredible couple behind Broadway Husbands
When Stephen Hanna and Bret Shuford met in 2006, they were young and ambitious artists trying to make a name for themselves in the Big…
I learned to survive my sexual assault by writing love letters
How do you survive something you never thought you’d be able to survive?
Here’s how LGBTQ+ couples are spending the holidays together
With the holiday season in full swing, many people are navigating questions like: How do we want to celebrate? Who do we want to celebrate with? Do we have the ability to incorporate all the traditions and people that matter to us? What’s the best way to compromise?
We spoke to the couple behind that epic Brooklyn Bridge basketball photo
Dr. Julie Shaw and Erica Ferguson went viral when they posted a photo from their wedding of the two of them playing basketball on the Brooklyn Bridge. It’s an incredible photo, and their love story is just as incredible.
6 ways to show your partner you’re grateful for them
Let’s face it, the holiday season can be challenging. Between visiting families of origin you might have stressful relationships with and the constant pressure, it…
Here’s what it’s actually like to plan a wedding when you have a disability
I never imagined walking down the aisle with my cane. Even though I’ve had disabilities since I was a kid, primarily Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and autism,…
Two women left “The Bachelor: Vietnam” for each other and are now a couple
Last month, The Bachelor: Vietnam contestant Minh Thu confessed her love for fellow contestant Truc Nhu. Thu asked Nhu to leave the show with her, saying “Come home with me.” Now the two women are in a relationship.
What it’s like planning a wedding after your mom dies
Just as I wanted to look for her jean jacket and signature bangs in the stands on my graduation day, I tear up when I think about the fact that she won’t be in my wedding photos.
Why I’m coming out to all my wedding vendors
My partner and I are just beginning the wedding planning process, and I’m going to get more comfortable telling people I’ve just met that we’re engaged. After all, I don’t want anyone involved in my wedding who isn’t proud to support the LGBTQ+ community and be part of a queer wedding.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration
- Anthony + Paul: boho-lux Portugal destination wedding
- Lakesha + Nikia: Decatur, Ga. outdoor wedding during the coronavirus
- David + Andrew: Midwestern Pride Wedding Giveaway winners marry
- Romantic Vancouver elopement inspiration
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal