Keep an eye out for these 2022 wedding trends
Believe it or not, there are only a few months left of 2021. Before you know it, 2022 wedding season will be well underway.
Experts are forecasting some exciting trends for next year’s celebrations. From outfits to food to boat parties, here are five 2022 trends to look out for.
Refinery29 called cut-outs a “definitive 2021 fashion trend,” one that is now trickling into the wedding industry. In 2022, expect to see more marriers in outfits that show a little skin.
2. A Multitude of Events
Couples are increasingly turning their weddings into multi-day affairs that include a variety of meals and activities.
“They’re hosting the bridal luncheon, a welcome party, rehearsal dinner, boat outings, afterparties, brunches, and of course, the wedding,” New Orleans–based event planner and designer Michelle Norwood told The Knot. “All of these events are now part of every wedding weekend we plan and design. Couples are going all in to wow their guests with wedding weekends that rival festivals.”
More and more couples are making decisions based on what works for them, rather than on how something has always been done or how their family members feel.
Because the pandemic has caused couples to postpone and replan their weddings–sometimes more than once–they are no longer as willing to make compromises.
“The trend we’re seeing unfold is one of artistic freedom,” invitation designer Kristy Rice told Wedding Wire. “Many couples have postponed, changed, rearranged their lives and finances to finally celebrate their dreams, so they are no longer making as many concessions for family expectations and demands. And what is coming out of this trend? Some of the most aesthetically courageous events we’ve seen in years!”
4. Colorful Engagement Rings
When it comes to engagement rings, experts at Southern Living predict a rise in the popularity of colorful stones like rubies and emeralds.
According to photographer Meredith Ryncarz, this trend will no doubt be bolstered by the upcoming film, Spencer, about Princess Diana, which she said is likely to re-popularize Diana’s famous sapphire ring.
5. Individualized Food Servings
Covid safety will remain a top priority in 2022, and couples are getting creative about how to feed their guests.
Event planner Amy Shey Jacobs told The Knot that 2022 will see innovative, individualized creations like sushi flights and caviar tastings.
Couples are also making the food they serve more personal.
“We’re seeing an emergence of thoughtful and unique personal touches added to the overall design to truly celebrate their love story,” event planner Ashley Tangerini also told The Knot. “This includes a menu planned around a couple’s favorite foods or a late-night food truck that serves dishes from the first date.”
filed under: 2022 wedding trends, gemstone engagement rings, colorful engagement rings, personalized food servings, wedding personalization, LGBTQ+ weddings
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples