Northern Ireland politician reverses stance on same-sex marriage after daughter marries woman
The former first minister of Northern Ireland who has opposed and voted against same-sex marriage as a member of Parliament says he changed his stance on the issue after his daughter married a woman.
Lesbian tennis players made history by playing together at Wimbledon
Alison van Uytvanck and Greet Minnen’s first time playing doubles together was at Wimbledon. They have been together for three years.
Who said what about LGBTQ+ issues during the first 2020 Democratic presidential debate—and who stayed silent
The four hours of the first Democratic presidential debate among 20 candidates focused heavily on issues of immigration, health care, corporate power and climate change. But there were several LGBTQ+ moments as well.
Elizabeth Warren wants to give same-sex couples $57 million tax refunds
Senator Elizabeth Warren, who is running in the 2020 Democratic presidential primary, re-introduced the Refund Equality Act in the Senate.
A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
Texas-based makeup artist Kristian Cardenas was turned down to work a wedding when the homophobic bride learned that Kristian is gay.
Alabama mayor suggests killing LGBTQ+ people and other LGBTQ+ news
Your recap of recent LGBTQ+ news, including an Alabama mayor who suggested killing LGBTQ+ people in a public Facebook post.
A ‘Straight Pride’ parade is planned and people are very upset
The ‘Straight Pride’ parade is tentatively scheduled for August 31 in Boston, Massachusetts.
Celebrity wedding planner Colin Cowie’s extravagant South African safari proposal to Danny Peuscovich
Wedding planner to the stars Colin Cowie recounts to Equally Wed exactly how he pulled off his luxury proposal to boyfriend Danny Peuscovich on a South African safari.
Why Mr. Ratburn’s gay wedding in Arthur is so important for LGBTQ+ kids
In the season 22 premiere of “Arthur,” Mr. Ratburn — Arthur’s teacher — came out as gay and got married to his partner Patrick.
This book celebrates the life stories of butch and masculine queer heroes
Eloisa Aquino’s The Life and Times of Butch Dykes features stories of queer heroes who have bucked feminine norms and lived extraordinary, creative lives.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- How to choose a wedding venue
- They is 2019’s word of the year
- National groups blast GOP federal LGBTQ rights bill as permitting ‘licenses to discriminate’ by wedding vendors, religious groups
- Romantic engagement photos at Milwaukee Central Public Library
- This surprise flash mob dance party proposal will move you to tears
- Pantone reveals classic blue as its 2020 Color of the Year
- The Knot, Pinterest and Zola will stop promoting plantation weddings
- TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
- My husband and I honeymooned in South Africa. Here’s why we loved it
- Tropical blue and green beach wedding in St. Petersburg, Florida