Child of lesbian moms denied access to Texas daycare because parents are in same-sex marriage
A lesbian couple is denouncing a Waco, Texas, school after they say administrators denied their child admission into its daycare program because they are in a same-sex marriage.
Northern Ireland politician reverses stance on same-sex marriage after daughter marries woman
The former first minister of Northern Ireland who has opposed and voted against same-sex marriage as a member of Parliament says he changed his stance on the issue after his daughter married a woman.
Lesbian tennis players made history by playing together at Wimbledon
Alison van Uytvanck and Greet Minnen’s first time playing doubles together was at Wimbledon. They have been together for three years.
Who said what about LGBTQ+ issues during the first 2020 Democratic presidential debate—and who stayed silent
The four hours of the first Democratic presidential debate among 20 candidates focused heavily on issues of immigration, health care, corporate power and climate change. But there were several LGBTQ+ moments as well.
Elizabeth Warren wants to give same-sex couples $57 million tax refunds
Senator Elizabeth Warren, who is running in the 2020 Democratic presidential primary, re-introduced the Refund Equality Act in the Senate.
A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
Texas-based makeup artist Kristian Cardenas was turned down to work a wedding when the homophobic bride learned that Kristian is gay.
Alabama mayor suggests killing LGBTQ+ people and other LGBTQ+ news
Your recap of recent LGBTQ+ news, including an Alabama mayor who suggested killing LGBTQ+ people in a public Facebook post.
A ‘Straight Pride’ parade is planned and people are very upset
The ‘Straight Pride’ parade is tentatively scheduled for August 31 in Boston, Massachusetts.
Celebrity wedding planner Colin Cowie’s extravagant South African safari proposal to Danny Peuscovich
Wedding planner to the stars Colin Cowie recounts to Equally Wed exactly how he pulled off his luxury proposal to boyfriend Danny Peuscovich on a South African safari.
Why Mr. Ratburn’s gay wedding in Arthur is so important for LGBTQ+ kids
In the season 22 premiere of “Arthur,” Mr. Ratburn — Arthur’s teacher — came out as gay and got married to his partner Patrick.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal
- Moody fall photos turned surprise proposal in San Antonio, Texas
- This couples’ portrait session turned into the sweetest surprise proposal
- What our editors are reading & loving on October 9, 2019