In victory for LGBTQ+ people, Supreme Court won’t hear case involving anti-LGBTQ florist
“60 percent of states still don’t have express protections for LGBTQ people like the kind in Washington State. Our work isn’t over yet.”
Supreme Court rules Philadelphia must work with adoption agency that discriminates against LGBTQ+ people
While the decision was certainly a setback for LGBTQ+ rights, it also wasn’t the great loss it could have been.
Winners announced for the 2021 Equally Wed Awards honoring LGBTQ+ inclusive wedding vendors and venues
Equally Wed announces its winners for the 2021 Equally Wed Awards honoring LGBTQ+ inclusive wedding vendors and venues in 31 categories.
Country star Brooke Eden gets engaged to longtime girlfriend in epic double proposal
In an exclusive interview with PEOPLE, the couple discussed how each pulled off a surprise proposal for the other, as well as why it was important to them that they each propose.
Instagram now allows users to add pronouns to their bios. Here’s why that matters.
“Sharing pronouns has been widely adopted by our community, and with this feature we hope to normalize the adoption further.”
Disney announces its Proud Family reboot will include two gay dads
The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder launches in 2022 on Disney Plus, and will feature Barry & Randall Leibowitz-Jenkins as the parents to Maya, a fourteen-year old activist.
Utah Supreme Court rules trans people can change name, gender on birth certificates
“While the decision was a long time coming, there is nothing radical about the outcome—the right to be treated equally regardless of which county or judicial district you are in.”
We are already blessed—with or without the Catholic church
I’ll never forget hearing His Holiness Pope Francis saying, “If a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to judge?” It’s hard to believe that was nearly eight years ago.
That moment was monumental for me and led me back to the Church.
COVID vaccine: should I require my wedding guests and vendors take it?
Let’s talk about the COVID vaccine and wedding planning.
Celebrity LGBTQ+ couple news alert: Jonathan Bennett and Jaymes Vaughan are engaged!
Congratulations are in order for celebrity LGBTQ+ couple Jonathan Bennett and Jaymes Vaughan. Bennett, who’s most famous for his jock role as Aaron Samuels in Mean Girls (2004), was proposed to by his boyfriend, Jaymes Vaughan, the host of Celebrity Page on Reelz, during the Thanksgiving weekend.
Equality Act hangs in the balance as Democrats falter in Senate races
Can Biden convince enough Republicans to back the federal LGBTQ+ protections he promised?
Fearing the end of marriage equality, one couple rushes to the altar before historic election
Following the appointment of conservative Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court, Jason Melcher and Johnnie Wonders worried that their right to marry as a gay couple could be revoked. An historic election day that could further impact their fate was just around the corner, so the pair rushed to the altar, planning their special event in just under two days.
Pope Francis endorses civil unions for same-sex couples
Pope Francis declares support for civil union laws for same-sex couples in a new documentary.
PFLAG + OREO debut Proud Parent film and rainbow cookies
In celebration of LGBTQ+ History Month, PFLAG National and OREO are building on the #ProudParent platform by debuting a new film, titled Proud Parent, and releasing first-of-their-kind Limited Edition #ProudParent OREO Rainbow Cookies to reward acts of allyship for the LGBTQ+ community.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding