The Knot, Pinterest and Zola will stop promoting plantation weddings
The Knot, Zola and Pinterest are changing their policies to stop promoting content that includes former plantations as wedding venues.
TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
The social media app TikTok has been limiting the reach of certain users to allegedly combat bullying, including LGBTQ+ people’s videos.
Chick-fil-A won’t change anti-LGBTQ+ ways despite recent promises
The fast food chain Chick-fil-A recently promised to stop donating to anti-LGBTQ+ organizations, but the CEO says they aren’t changing their ways.
What we love about the Renault Clio car ad celebrating a 30-year lesbian romance
To celebrate the Clio’s upcoming 30th anniversary, Renault released a commercial on YouTube that captures in just over two minutes the love story of a red-haired English girl named Gemma and a brunette French girl.
Ellen DeGeneres surprised lesbian couple whose family won’t attend wedding
Ellen DeGeneres surprised Kate Austin and Sarah Sulsenti on her show after their tweet inviting her to their wedding went viral.
Chick-fil-A will stop donating to (some) anti-LGBTQ+ organizations
Fast food chain Chick-fil-A announced it will no longer donate to two anti-LGBTQ+ organizations, as it has been criticized for doing.
American Psychological Association says singular ‘they’ now the standard for scholarly writing
So-called ‘proper grammar’ can no longer be used to justify transphobia.
Trump administration wants to allow religious child welfare agencies to reject LGBTQ+ families
Family Equality is denouncing the Trump administration’s proposal to allow religious foster care and adoption agencies to refuse placing children in LGBTQ+ families.
Costa Rica’s ‘Si, acepto’ campaign promotes LGBTQ+ acceptance ahead of marriage equality
Personal stories are emphasized in a new campaign underway in Costa Rica to bring about social and cultural acceptance of LGBTQ+ people ahead of marriage equality being legalized in the Central American country in 2020.
Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
Although LGBTQ people may get married in every state, there are more than 4 million LGBTQ people who can be fired for being who they because they live in the 28 states where there are no laws banning LGBTQ discrimination.
What our editors are reading & loving on October 9, 2019
Here are a few things we have read recently that are absolutely worth reading (and sharing).
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Love Conquers All wedding giveaway theme revealed: Black is Queen
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration