The queer Christmas story you’ve been waiting for
Tired of reading the same annual story of Santa Claus, the white man in the red suit who lives at the North Pole with his wife, Mrs. Claus? You’re in luck, there’s a new Christmas story in town, and it’s at the top of our want list! This book is child-friendly, and a great lesson for everyone that we can all succeed
“Santa’s Husband” tells the story of a black Santa, his white husband and their life in the North Pole as they work, plan their wedding, work together to prepare for Christmas, have the usual disagreements all couples do, then “kiss and make up, usually over a plate of milk and cookies.”
“Humor writer Daniel Kibblesmith introduces us to Mr. and Mr. Claus, and gives us a glimpse of their lives together,” reads the book description. “We see the Clauses sitting by the fire at their cozy North Pole home, vacationing at the beach, having an occasional disagreement, celebrating their wedding day, and comforting each other when some loudmouth people on television angrily dispute Santa’s appearance and lifestyle.”
The book is filled with gorgeous watercolor drawings from artist AP Quach, and features Mr. and Mr. Claus as they tackle modern day tasks such as dietary restrictions, global warming and employee health insurance.
The moral of the story? Santa Claus can come in any shape, color or size, just like every family in the world.
You can get the book here. Give as a gift and spread the love this Christmas.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- How do you know when you’re ready to propose? We asked a real couple
- Intimate spring wedding at Butler Park in Austin, Texas
- Gay parents forced to leave Russia due to ‘gay propaganda law’
- Mrs. and Mrs. items that make great LGBTQ+ wedding gifts
- Fun engagement photos at Three Lives & Co. bookstore
- Burgundy and blue spring wedding in San Francisco, California
- Intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina in Spain
- Elegant and rustic Malibou Lake Lodge wedding
- Pridelux, a luxury LGBTQ+ wedding show, opens in London
- Sunrise engagement photos in Brooklyn, New York