Both Kelsey and Chris have important fur babies in their life and it was important to incorporate them in the wedding. The original plan was for both canine companions to walk down the aisle individually with the rings around their necks, as Chris and Kelsey waited at the end, but as soon as they saw their parents they sprinted down to the end of the aisle for some love and cuddles. Luckily the paw signing of the registry went smooth… which was no small feet with black ink and Kelsey’s white dress!
Chris and Kelsey’s dogs had even played a part in their proposal. Chris had some canine assistance in the proposal when she enlisted her dog Grace to help out. One night, while Kelsey was in the kitchen, Chris decided it was the night to propose. She tied a ring box around Grace’s neck with a ribbon. When Kelsey emerged from the kitchen, she noticed Grace was eating something. Much to Chris’ amusement and horror, Grace had somehow pawed the ribbon loose enough to chew on the ring box… but that didn’t deter Chris. Chris got down on one knee as Kelsey came to realize what was going on, overcome by the hilarity and sweetness of the situation all at once. Chris asked Kelsey to marry her with the (completely unharmed) ring from the box Grace had been not-so-angelically chewing on.
From the photographer, Caroline Ross
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate forest wedding brings South Asian interfaith traditions to Ontario
- Documentary-style candids highlight moments of everyday love for this newly engaged couple
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged