Both Kelsey and Chris have important fur babies in their life and it was important to incorporate them in the wedding. The original plan was for both canine companions to walk down the aisle individually with the rings around their necks, as Chris and Kelsey waited at the end, but as soon as they saw their parents they sprinted down to the end of the aisle for some love and cuddles. Luckily the paw signing of the registry went smooth… which was no small feet with black ink and Kelsey’s white dress!
Chris and Kelsey’s dogs had even played a part in their proposal. Chris had some canine assistance in the proposal when she enlisted her dog Grace to help out. One night, while Kelsey was in the kitchen, Chris decided it was the night to propose. She tied a ring box around Grace’s neck with a ribbon. When Kelsey emerged from the kitchen, she noticed Grace was eating something. Much to Chris’ amusement and horror, Grace had somehow pawed the ribbon loose enough to chew on the ring box… but that didn’t deter Chris. Chris got down on one knee as Kelsey came to realize what was going on, overcome by the hilarity and sweetness of the situation all at once. Chris asked Kelsey to marry her with the (completely unharmed) ring from the box Grace had been not-so-angelically chewing on.
From the photographer, Caroline Ross
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration
- Anthony + Paul: boho-lux Portugal destination wedding
- Lakesha + Nikia: Decatur, Ga. outdoor wedding during the coronavirus
- David + Andrew: Midwestern Pride Wedding Giveaway winners marry
- Romantic Vancouver elopement inspiration
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal