Karla and Kristen made many stops on their wedding day, celebrating with a variety of activities. The marriers got ready separately in the morning. Kristen got ready at a local boutique hotel.
“It was a photographer’s dream to photograph her dress and shoes and jewelry in their art-filled lobby,” shared the couple’s photographer.
After getting ready, Kristen and Karla met up at an urban winery for their first look photo shoot. The air was thick with wine and oak as the couple saw each other for the first time in the barrel room. Upon finishing the shoot, the marriers enjoyed some wine along with their closest friends and families.
The River North Art District was the next stop on the itinerary. Karla and Kristen took photos among the artwork before heading to their final wedding venue. The ceremony and reception were decorated with a variety of natural greenery and geometric sculpture centerpieces.
Late loved ones were honored with a toast. At the end of the night, Karla and Kristen headed home with a sparkler exit under the market lights and deep night sky.
Photographer: Elevate Photography
Bakery: Nothing Bundt Cakes
Event Venue: blanc
Dress Store: emma & grace bridal studio
Getting ready venues: The Maven Hotel and the Highlands, Denver
First look venue: Infinite Monkey Theorem
Event Planner: Savanna Brown
Hair Stylist: Indie Six
Caterer: Occasions Catering
Officiant: Friend of the couple
Makeup Artist: Friend of the couple
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot