And the Pantone Color of the Year is
Drum roll please…the Pantone Color of the Year is
Greenery! Just in time for a red and green, wintery holiday Pantone, the world-renowned authority on color, has announced that the 2017 Color of the Year will be Greenery.
“A refreshing and revitalizing shade, Greenery is symbolic of new beginnings,” Pantone introduces Greenery. “Greenery is a fresh and zesty yellow-green shade that evokes the first days of spring when nature’s greens revive, restore and renew. Illustrative of flourishing foliage and the lushness of the great outdoors, the fortifying attributes of Greenery signals consumers to take a deep breath, oxygenate and reinvigorate.”
If you ask us, this color comes at the perfect time, ending a whirlwind 2016 with a reinvigorating breath for 2017. Pantone agrees.
“Greenery bursts forth in 2017 to provide us with the reassurance we yearn for amid a tumultuous social and political environment. Satisfying our growing desire to rejuvenate and revitalize, Greenery symbolizes the reconnection we seek with nature, one another and a larger purpose,” says Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute.
Greenry has big shoes to fill in the color world, replacing the not one, but two colors that Pantone chose as Color of the Year last year, Serenity and Rose Quartz. This will be the first shade of green since the 2012 Color of the Year, Emerald.
We’re looking forward to seeing how couples incorporate Greenery into their 2017 weddings. Rose quartz and Serenity were popular colors for weddings last year as they were soft and worked well as bridesmaids dresses and looked great on watercolor invitations. We think there will be great uses for Greenery as an accent color for reception decor. Bonus points that it can be added naturally, not just with flowers, but with succulents, leaves, and shrubbery as well.
Pantone even put together a video for inspiration on how to incorporate Greenery into every aspect of your life from food to makeup and even apparel for your dog! Now if only they’d included a wedding in that video!
Will you be using Greenery in your 2017 wedding? We’d love to see!
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal