Drum roll please…the Pantone Color of the Year is
Greenery! Just in time for a red and green, wintery holiday Pantone, the world-renowned authority on color, has announced that the 2017 Color of the Year will be Greenery.
“A refreshing and revitalizing shade, Greenery is symbolic of new beginnings,” Pantone introduces Greenery. “Greenery is a fresh and zesty yellow-green shade that evokes the first days of spring when nature’s greens revive, restore and renew. Illustrative of flourishing foliage and the lushness of the great outdoors, the fortifying attributes of Greenery signals consumers to take a deep breath, oxygenate and reinvigorate.”
If you ask us, this color comes at the perfect time, ending a whirlwind 2016 with a reinvigorating breath for 2017. Pantone agrees.
“Greenery bursts forth in 2017 to provide us with the reassurance we yearn for amid a tumultuous social and political environment. Satisfying our growing desire to rejuvenate and revitalize, Greenery symbolizes the reconnection we seek with nature, one another and a larger purpose,” says Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute.
Greenry has big shoes to fill in the color world, replacing the not one, but two colors that Pantone chose as Color of the Year last year, Serenity and Rose Quartz. This will be the first shade of green since the 2012 Color of the Year, Emerald.
We’re looking forward to seeing how couples incorporate Greenery into their 2017 weddings. Rose quartz and Serenity were popular colors for weddings last year as they were soft and worked well as bridesmaids dresses and looked great on watercolor invitations. We think there will be great uses for Greenery as an accent color for reception decor. Bonus points that it can be added naturally, not just with flowers, but with succulents, leaves, and shrubbery as well.
Pantone even put together a video for inspiration on how to incorporate Greenery into every aspect of your life from food to makeup and even apparel for your dog! Now if only they’d included a wedding in that video!
Will you be using Greenery in your 2017 wedding? We’d love to see!
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL