How Do We Recognize Blended Families in Our Wedding Invitations?
[dropcap letter=”Q”] Whew, we’re at the stage of wedding planning when we have to figure out our wedding invitations. My parents are divorced, and my dad is remarried to a woman I’ve grown close to. My mother remains single. My partner’s parents are still together, and her grandmother wants to help out financially. All our parents want to help in some way, even though some are giving more money than others and one is just giving up a lot of her time.
We want to honor them all on our wedding invitation, but that’s a lot of people! Can you help?
[dropcap letter=”A”] Not a problem! You’re lucky to be so loved. I’m assigning you all some pseudonyms for the sake of illustration:
Ms. Susan Delfino and Mr. and Mrs. Christopher M. Tolcher
request the honor of your presence at the marriage of their daughter
Sophia Annabelle Tolcher
Jennifer Lyn Garrett,
daughter of Dr. Jada and Mr. William Garrett
granddaughter of Ruby Mae Garrett
Or to go really simple to save room on your invitation for an ornate design, use:
Together with their families
Sophia Annabelle Tolcher
Jennifer Lynn Garrett
invite you to celebrate with them
on their wedding day
Kirsten Ott is the editorial director and co-founder of Equally Wed, the nation’s premier LGBTQ wedding magazine at equallywed.com. Equally Wed offers gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer couples a guide to their weddings, a social community and a marketplace of vetted LGBT-friendly wedding vendors. Follow Equally Wed on Twitter at @equallywed and Kirsten Ott at @_kirstenott_. Send Kirsten your wedding questions: kirsten AT equallywed DOT com.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca
- LGBTQ+ people in Spain now have access to IVF treatment to build their families
- Four reasons LGBTQ+ couples should consider a Charleston honeymoon
- California engagement session surrounded by sparkling trees
- Kristen Stewart and Dylan Meyer are engaged!
- How Frank Darling can help LGBTQ+ couples design the perfect custom rings