How Do We Recognize Blended Families in Our Wedding Invitations?
[dropcap letter=”Q”] Whew, we’re at the stage of wedding planning when we have to figure out our wedding invitations. My parents are divorced, and my dad is remarried to a woman I’ve grown close to. My mother remains single. My partner’s parents are still together, and her grandmother wants to help out financially. All our parents want to help in some way, even though some are giving more money than others and one is just giving up a lot of her time.
We want to honor them all on our wedding invitation, but that’s a lot of people! Can you help?
[dropcap letter=”A”] Not a problem! You’re lucky to be so loved. I’m assigning you all some pseudonyms for the sake of illustration:
Ms. Susan Delfino and Mr. and Mrs. Christopher M. Tolcher
request the honor of your presence at the marriage of their daughter
Sophia Annabelle Tolcher
Jennifer Lyn Garrett,
daughter of Dr. Jada and Mr. William Garrett
granddaughter of Ruby Mae Garrett
Or to go really simple to save room on your invitation for an ornate design, use:
Together with their families
Sophia Annabelle Tolcher
Jennifer Lynn Garrett
invite you to celebrate with them
on their wedding day
Kirsten Ott is the editorial director and co-founder of Equally Wed, the nation’s premier LGBTQ wedding magazine at equallywed.com. Equally Wed offers gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer couples a guide to their weddings, a social community and a marketplace of vetted LGBT-friendly wedding vendors. Follow Equally Wed on Twitter at @equallywed and Kirsten Ott at @_kirstenott_. Send Kirsten your wedding questions: kirsten AT equallywed DOT com.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day