Elegant garden wedding at historic mansion in Hudson, New York
Alison and Melissa met on February 15, 2014, at Penn Station. After establishing that Ali likes to eat more than salad, Melissa took her to Umami burger (one of the best burger joints in town). They talked, they joked, and even though Ali was more interested in the lacrosse game behind their table they still hit it off. As they took a cab over to Stonewall Bar, Melissa realized she lost all her money. They went back to the restaurant (never found the money) and ended their night playing pool and enjoying a couple of beers.
It has been four years since that day, and a lot of laughter, tears and stress with Melissa finishing up PT school and Ali moving to Suffern. It was then in October 2017 that Melissa proposed to Alison at the walkway over the Hudson in a clear, dark night. Melissa was so nervous, and barely got any words out, and Ali of course, just had to ask, “What are you doing?” She eventually said yes.
Alison and Melissa were married in September on a fall day in the Hudson Valley. They chose a historic mansion to host their wedding and were married in a garden in front of a large, beautiful tree just beginning to change color. Their wedding party wore light blues and reds, each with alternating bouquets. After their stunning sunset portraits, guests made their way to cocktail hour, enjoying appetizers and several specialty stations, featuring Tuscan-themed food and pasta assortments. Dinner ended with Gelato, espresso, cordials and a five-tier wedding cake decorated in the Avengers and Harry Potter.
Photographer: Chris Carter Photography
Bakery: The Pastry Garden
Location: F.E.A.S.T. at Round Hill
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing