Elegant garden wedding at historic mansion in Hudson, New York
Alison and Melissa met on February 15, 2014, at Penn Station. After establishing that Ali likes to eat more than salad, Melissa took her to Umami burger (one of the best burger joints in town). They talked, they joked, and even though Ali was more interested in the lacrosse game behind their table they still hit it off. As they took a cab over to Stonewall Bar, Melissa realized she lost all her money. They went back to the restaurant (never found the money) and ended their night playing pool and enjoying a couple of beers.
It has been four years since that day, and a lot of laughter, tears and stress with Melissa finishing up PT school and Ali moving to Suffern. It was then in October 2017 that Melissa proposed to Alison at the walkway over the Hudson in a clear, dark night. Melissa was so nervous, and barely got any words out, and Ali of course, just had to ask, “What are you doing?” She eventually said yes.
Alison and Melissa were married in September on a fall day in the Hudson Valley. They chose a historic mansion to host their wedding and were married in a garden in front of a large, beautiful tree just beginning to change color. Their wedding party wore light blues and reds, each with alternating bouquets. After their stunning sunset portraits, guests made their way to cocktail hour, enjoying appetizers and several specialty stations, featuring Tuscan-themed food and pasta assortments. Dinner ended with Gelato, espresso, cordials and a five-tier wedding cake decorated in the Avengers and Harry Potter.
Photographer: Chris Carter Photography
Bakery: The Pastry Garden
Location: F.E.A.S.T. at Round Hill
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Love Conquers All wedding giveaway theme revealed: Black is Queen
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration