Vintage travel-inspired fall barn wedding in Mickleton, New Jersey
Shea and Danielle celebrated their marriage with a vintage travel-themed fall wedding. They both use their business (A Tail of Two Creatives) to help contribute to nonprofits that help the LGBTQ+ community as well as dog rescues. Of course, this means their own dogs came for their wedding as the ring dogs.
Shea and Danielle included a lot of DIY elements into their wedding. Their invite suite resembled passports and were accented with some vintage stamps. The original plan was to have the ceremony outside, but the freezing weather changed the setting to a cozy, warm greenhouse. Reception tables were named after all the places that the marriers had traveled to together and decorated with old books and cameras. The seating chart was created using vintage luggage, and guests were encouraged to take a Polaroid photo of them and friends to put in place of their seating location.
A close friend of theirs got ordained specifically for the occasion and showed her pride by sporting a rainbow ribbon on her outfit. Their reception started off right with a choreographed dance that wowed all their guests.
Photographer: Kerry McIntyre Photography
Reception Venue: Cecil Creek Farms
DIY Designer: Tail of Two Creatives
Dance Instructor: All That Jazz Dance Studio
Beauty: Sarah Giovinetti’s Glam Squad
Specialty Foods: Carnivale Donut Bar
Specialty Foods: 13th street cocktail catering
Other: From Dusk Till Dog
Floral Designer: A Garden Party
Invitation Designer: Kristin Nicole Graphic Designs
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy
- Moody, fun summer backyard wedding in Los Angeles, California
- Intimate sunset beach wedding ceremony in La Jolla, California
- LGBTQ-friendly birthing and doula group forms in D.C.
- Modern wedding inspiration influenced by artist Katsushika Hokusai
- Marriage equality is now available in Northern Ireland
- Colorful, floral tropical beach destination wedding in Makaha, Hawaii
- Your wedding’s over. Here’s what you can focus on next