Vintage travel-inspired fall barn wedding in Mickleton, New Jersey
Shea and Danielle celebrated their marriage with a vintage travel-themed fall wedding. They both use their business (A Tail of Two Creatives) to help contribute to nonprofits that help the LGBTQ+ community as well as dog rescues. Of course, this means their own dogs came for their wedding as the ring dogs.
Shea and Danielle included a lot of DIY elements into their wedding. Their invite suite resembled passports and were accented with some vintage stamps. The original plan was to have the ceremony outside, but the freezing weather changed the setting to a cozy, warm greenhouse. Reception tables were named after all the places that the marriers had traveled to together and decorated with old books and cameras. The seating chart was created using vintage luggage, and guests were encouraged to take a Polaroid photo of them and friends to put in place of their seating location.
A close friend of theirs got ordained specifically for the occasion and showed her pride by sporting a rainbow ribbon on her outfit. Their reception started off right with a choreographed dance that wowed all their guests.
SEARCH FOR LGBTQ+ FRIENDLY WEDDING VENDORS
Photographer: Kerry McIntyre Photography
Reception Venue: Cecil Creek Farms
DIY Designer: Tail of Two Creatives
Apparel: Stella McCartney & David’s Bridal
Dance Instructor: All That Jazz Dance Studio
Beauty: Sarah Giovinetti’s Glam Squad
Specialty Foods: Carnivale Donut Bar
DJ: Center Stage Entertainment
Specialty Foods: 13th street cocktail catering
Other: From Dusk Till Dog
Floral Designer: A Garden Party
Invitation Designer: Kristin Nicole Graphic Designs
Alaina Leary Lavoie
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- One step closer to marriage equality: Japan court rules that ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional
- A sunrise engagement photoshoot for Canada brides-to-be who own a flower farm together
- Same-sex couple marries in the first wedding ever held at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration: celebrating queer love with a rooftop party, modern aesthetic and terracotta color palette
- European rights court finds Romania in violation of LGBTQ+ rights and orders legal protections for same-sex couples