Bermuda legalizes same-sex marriage for the second time
The Supreme Court of Bermuda legalizes same-sex marriage for the second time after voting in support and then rescinding it in 2017.
On this day in marriage equality history—May 17, 2004
On May 17, 2004, Marcia Kadish and Tanya McCloskey made marriage equality history by becoming the first same-sex couple to legally marry in the United States when same-sex marriage became legally recognized in Massachusetts.
Marriage equality: countries that allow gay marriage
Marriage equality is important when it comes to increased protection for our community as well as visibility and normalizing of LGBTQ+ weddings, commitment, marriage, families and basic humanity. Here’s the latest list of countries that allow gay marriage.
Guests will no longer cover their ears at Australian weddings
Guests will no longer cover their ears at Australian weddings now that this offensive line has been removed from all wedding celebrations.
Love is love, even for 104 year old fighting for Australia marriage equality
There’s no age limit when it comes to fighting for marriage equality which is why Alex, who is 104 years old, is speaking up in Australia.
Small majority of Americans are against LGBTQ wedding planning discrimination
The small majority of Americans are against LGBTQ wedding planning discrimination according to a new study from the Public Religion Research Institute.
Marriage equality pioneer Edith Windsor dead at 88
Marriage equality pioneer Edith Windsor dead at 88. Windsor played a pivotal part in overturning the Defense of Marriage Act.
Catchy Australian marriage equality anthem will stick in your head all day
Australian composer Josh Belperio sings a catchy marriage equality anthem aimed at Australia’a Prime Minister in the midst of the marriage equality debate.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot