India decriminalizes gay sex in a landmark court ruling
After over 150 years of anti-LGBT legislation, India’s Supreme Court has finally ruled to decriminalize consensual gay sex. This was a unanimous decision and is a major victory for India’s LGBT activists after years of long legal battles fighting for change.
Bermuda legalizes same-sex marriage for the second time
The Supreme Court of Bermuda legalizes same-sex marriage for the second time after voting in support and then rescinding it in 2017.
On this day in marriage equality history—May 17, 2004
On May 17, 2004, Marcia Kadish and Tanya McCloskey made marriage equality history by becoming the first same-sex couple to legally marry in the United States when same-sex marriage became legally recognized in Massachusetts.
Marriage equality: countries that allow gay marriage
Marriage equality is important when it comes to increased protection for our community as well as visibility and normalizing of LGBTQ+ weddings, commitment, marriage, families and basic humanity. Here’s the latest list of countries that allow gay marriage.
Guests will no longer cover their ears at Australian weddings
Guests will no longer cover their ears at Australian weddings now that this offensive line has been removed from all wedding celebrations.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal
- Moody fall photos turned surprise proposal in San Antonio, Texas
- This couples’ portrait session turned into the sweetest surprise proposal
- What our editors are reading & loving on October 9, 2019