These are the most banned wedding songs
Going to a wedding inevitably means dancing the night away, or at least listening to a ton of popular songs from where you’re sitting whether you love them or hate them. Everyone’s musical tastes are different, after all being different is what makes our world go round. But differing musical tastes can really cause tension between friends. It can be a struggle when you’re feeling yourself to “Single Ladies” but your friend is trying to “Shake it Off” and your aunt just wants to get everyone on the floor to do the “Wobble” together.
Whether you hire a band or a DJ, you as the marrier are in charge of what songs are and aren’t played on your wedding day. If you can’t stand the thought of seeing your parents drop it low to Sir Mix-A-Lot then add him to the banned list and pass that list along to your musical entertainment. IT’s your wedding so you can request what songs be played or completely banned, even if it’s the number one hit song on the Top 100 charts at the moment.
Media company FiveThirtyEight analyzed the results of 182 wedding playlists that were submitted between May 31 and June 10 of 2018 and found the top 48 most banned songs from wedding receptions. We think some of the answers might surprise you.
— FiveThirtyEight (@FiveThirtyEight) July 21, 2018
Our biggest question is, how often are you really doing the Hokey Pokey at weddings? Is that really what it’s all about?
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal