Lauren and Blaire, a self-identified queer couple, got married at Big Table Ranch, an outdoor location near Yosemite surrounded by family and friends who helped them create a very DIY wedding. Big Table Ranch is owned by the same owners of San Francisco’s El Rio. Their wedding was catered by a San Francisco based vegan catering company, Vegan and Sarah, and their friends baked for several days all the pies and delicious desserts. Lauren and Blaire are part of a tight-knit diverse community of friends with different gender and sexual orientations. Lauren is Jewish and many Jewish wedding traditions, including the ketubah signing, the seven blessings, smashing the wine glass at the end of the ceremony, the couple having “yihud” (private time right after the ceremony) and horah dancing were honored and celebrated on their wedding day.
From the photographer, Deborah Coleman
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy
- Moody, fun summer backyard wedding in Los Angeles, California
- Intimate sunset beach wedding ceremony in La Jolla, California
- LGBTQ-friendly birthing and doula group forms in D.C.
- Modern wedding inspiration influenced by artist Katsushika Hokusai
- Marriage equality is now available in Northern Ireland
- Colorful, floral tropical beach destination wedding in Makaha, Hawaii
- Your wedding’s over. Here’s what you can focus on next