The ultimate LGBTQ wedding playlist is here
Have you ever found the perfect song to describe your relationship or a first dance song you love but are disappointed that the pronouns don’t apply to your relationship? In comes “Universal Love – Wedding Songs Reimagined,” the ultimate LGBTQ wedding playlist featuring some of today’s top artists as the rerecord classic songs with a same-sex spin.
Bob Dylan reworks the 1920s hit “She’s Funny That Way,” to become “He’s Funny That Way.” Kesha performs Janis Joplin’s “I Need a Man to Love,” as the new “I Need a Woman to Love.” Annie Clark of St. Vincent swaps he for she from the Crystals’ “And Then He Kissed Me.” Death Cab for Cutie’s Benjamin Gibbard puts a spin on the Beatles’ hit “And I Love Her” with his version “And I Love Him.” If you’re not “Mad About the Boy” like Dinah Washington, listen to “Mad About the Girl” by Valerie June. Kele Okereke of Bloc Party rounds out the “Universal Love” artist group with his take on “My Girl,” with the much needed remix, “My Guy.”
Here’s to hoping more and more artists are inspired by the music and create the wedding songs we need!
Featured image via In Magazine
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal