The ultimate LGBTQ wedding playlist is here
Have you ever found the perfect song to describe your relationship or a first dance song you love but are disappointed that the pronouns don’t apply to your relationship? In comes “Universal Love – Wedding Songs Reimagined,” the ultimate LGBTQ wedding playlist featuring some of today’s top artists as the rerecord classic songs with a same-sex spin.
Bob Dylan reworks the 1920s hit “She’s Funny That Way,” to become “He’s Funny That Way.” Kesha performs Janis Joplin’s “I Need a Man to Love,” as the new “I Need a Woman to Love.” Annie Clark of St. Vincent swaps he for she from the Crystals’ “And Then He Kissed Me.” Death Cab for Cutie’s Benjamin Gibbard puts a spin on the Beatles’ hit “And I Love Her” with his version “And I Love Him.” If you’re not “Mad About the Boy” like Dinah Washington, listen to “Mad About the Girl” by Valerie June. Kele Okereke of Bloc Party rounds out the “Universal Love” artist group with his take on “My Girl,” with the much needed remix, “My Guy.”
Here’s to hoping more and more artists are inspired by the music and create the wedding songs we need!
Featured image via In Magazine
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Everything I lost when I started dating my best friend
- Joy-filled engagement photos in Oyster Bay, New York
- LGBTQ+ honeymoon spotlight: Cape Town, South Africa
- Open marriage, transitioning and play parties: one couple’s story of their thriving poly love life
- You’ll want to a be a guest at this couple’s Beauty and the Beast inspired wedding
- Asking for money as a wedding gift: OK or no way?
- Romantic hillside winery wedding
- Why this wedding shop is getting praise for its wheelchair window display
- These women planned surprise proposals for each other on the same day
- Purple wedding at Mission Trails Regional Park