The ultimate LGBTQ wedding playlist is here
Have you ever found the perfect song to describe your relationship or a first dance song you love but are disappointed that the pronouns don’t apply to your relationship? In comes “Universal Love – Wedding Songs Reimagined,” the ultimate LGBTQ wedding playlist featuring some of today’s top artists as the rerecord classic songs with a same-sex spin.
Bob Dylan reworks the 1920s hit “She’s Funny That Way,” to become “He’s Funny That Way.” Kesha performs Janis Joplin’s “I Need a Man to Love,” as the new “I Need a Woman to Love.” Annie Clark of St. Vincent swaps he for she from the Crystals’ “And Then He Kissed Me.” Death Cab for Cutie’s Benjamin Gibbard puts a spin on the Beatles’ hit “And I Love Her” with his version “And I Love Him.” If you’re not “Mad About the Boy” like Dinah Washington, listen to “Mad About the Girl” by Valerie June. Kele Okereke of Bloc Party rounds out the “Universal Love” artist group with his take on “My Girl,” with the much needed remix, “My Guy.”
Here’s to hoping more and more artists are inspired by the music and create the wedding songs we need!
Featured image via In Magazine
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- 10 truths I’ve learned as a married queer femme mother
- This bisexual singer couldn’t find a wedding song that spoke to him—so he wrote his own
- All the Black Friday and Cyber Monday wedding deals you need to know about
- We spoke to the couple behind that epic Brooklyn Bridge basketball photo
- How to handle questions from family about the wedding
- 6 ways to show your partner you’re grateful for them
- This couple had a kitten hour at their wedding instead of a cocktail hour
- Former Dallas Cowboy Jeff Rohrer came out and revealed he’s getting married
- Modern rooftop wedding in Kansas City, Missouri
- Artistic, cultural wedding in an art gallery