The ultimate LGBTQ wedding playlist is here
Have you ever found the perfect song to describe your relationship or a first dance song you love but are disappointed that the pronouns don’t apply to your relationship? In comes “Universal Love – Wedding Songs Reimagined,” the ultimate LGBTQ wedding playlist featuring some of today’s top artists as the rerecord classic songs with a same-sex spin.
Bob Dylan reworks the 1920s hit “She’s Funny That Way,” to become “He’s Funny That Way.” Kesha performs Janis Joplin’s “I Need a Man to Love,” as the new “I Need a Woman to Love.” Annie Clark of St. Vincent swaps he for she from the Crystals’ “And Then He Kissed Me.” Death Cab for Cutie’s Benjamin Gibbard puts a spin on the Beatles’ hit “And I Love Her” with his version “And I Love Him.” If you’re not “Mad About the Boy” like Dinah Washington, listen to “Mad About the Girl” by Valerie June. Kele Okereke of Bloc Party rounds out the “Universal Love” artist group with his take on “My Girl,” with the much needed remix, “My Guy.”
Here’s to hoping more and more artists are inspired by the music and create the wedding songs we need!
Featured image via In Magazine
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank
- Alabama mayor suggests killing LGBTQ+ people and other LGBTQ+ news
- A ‘Straight Pride’ parade is planned and people are very upset
- The creators of the same-sex Barbie wedding set just got married
- You can win the Midwestern Pride wedding of your dreams—here’s how