The ultimate LGBTQ wedding playlist is here
Have you ever found the perfect song to describe your relationship or a first dance song you love but are disappointed that the pronouns don’t apply to your relationship? In comes “Universal Love – Wedding Songs Reimagined,” the ultimate LGBTQ wedding playlist featuring some of today’s top artists as the rerecord classic songs with a same-sex spin.
Bob Dylan reworks the 1920s hit “She’s Funny That Way,” to become “He’s Funny That Way.” Kesha performs Janis Joplin’s “I Need a Man to Love,” as the new “I Need a Woman to Love.” Annie Clark of St. Vincent swaps he for she from the Crystals’ “And Then He Kissed Me.” Death Cab for Cutie’s Benjamin Gibbard puts a spin on the Beatles’ hit “And I Love Her” with his version “And I Love Him.” If you’re not “Mad About the Boy” like Dinah Washington, listen to “Mad About the Girl” by Valerie June. Kele Okereke of Bloc Party rounds out the “Universal Love” artist group with his take on “My Girl,” with the much needed remix, “My Guy.”
Here’s to hoping more and more artists are inspired by the music and create the wedding songs we need!
Featured image via In Magazine
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Dark Greek mythology wedding inspiration that calls to your inner goth
- Supreme Court rejected the Hawaii B&B that denied a lesbian couple
- This surprise proposal Las Vegas style will make you happy cry
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- There will be a presidential primary debate entirely on LGBTQ+ issues
- Elegant southern church wedding in Conroe, Texas
- If you want to look like royalty on your wedding day, wear a crown
- 6 places you can get tomboy and genderqueer wedding attire
- These wedding capes are the best way to be extra when you get married
- Classic purple vintage wedding in Towson, Maryland