Our inspiration for our wedding was pretty simple, elegant decor that is fit for the regal Fairmont Olympic Hotel in Seattle! We opted for a white & light pink color scheme, while our outfits had a little bit of a East-meets-West take.
Our flowers played a huge important role in the overall style of our wedding! It pretty much set the tone for our wedding, with our color scheme being white and light pink. Our favorite part of the wedding was the trio and singer that we had for our wedding!
We both got our suit from the amazing SuitSupply company! For our first look, I went for an electric blue tuxedo, while he went for darker blue tuxedo. My second look was a burnt orange velvet dinner jacket, while his was a traditional Malay garment. We both ended the night for our third look with a Prince of Wales check suit and a windowpane suit.
He proposed to me at the changing room of a Nordstrom’s personal shopper lounge! It was under the pretense that I was spending the day with a personal shopper, but while I was trying on clothes, he sneaked the ring and placed it at a corner! Needless to say, I was speechless! He then went down on one knee and proposed!
There were too many special moments at the wedding, from the speeches to the son-in-law and mother-in-law proposal!
From the couple, Kai and Mark
Photographer: B. Jones Photography
Event Venue: The Fairmont
Shoes: Yves Saint Laurent
Shoes: Christian Louboutin
Floral Designer: Flora D’amore
DJ: Music by J. Fields
Caterer: The Fairmont Olympic Hotel
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- How do you know when you’re ready to propose? We asked a real couple
- Intimate spring wedding at Butler Park in Austin, Texas
- Gay parents forced to leave Russia due to ‘gay propaganda law’
- Mrs. and Mrs. items that make great LGBTQ+ wedding gifts
- Fun engagement photos at Three Lives & Co. bookstore
- Burgundy and blue spring wedding in San Francisco, California
- Intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina in Spain
- Elegant and rustic Malibou Lake Lodge wedding
- Pridelux, a luxury LGBTQ+ wedding show, opens in London
- Sunrise engagement photos in Brooklyn, New York