On the day that Rachel popped the question, Nicole was over the moon. “I was going to propose to her!” Nicole later stated.
They hadn’t been dating very long before Rachel asked the question of a lifetime. Naturally, this raised some concerns from their loved ones.
“Sometimes you just know.” they both said, in separate, individual conversations.
Witnessing their bond in person, I agreed.
To know Nicole (and we’ve been best friend’s since college!) is to know she’s a self proclaimed cat lady. When Rachel called me with the idea, that she would tie a bow around Chloe’s (Nicole’s cat) neck leaving Nicole to stumble upon the ring I responded, “OMG that is SO freaking perfect and SO Nicole!”. Giddily, we both sent pictures back and forth of rings we like for Nicole and settled on one that Rachel ordered immediately.
She could not wait for the ring to arrive and was so eager to propose the very same day the ring arrived!
As of today, there are no doubts left. One quick look at their engagement session shows anyone that these two were absolutely made for each other.
From the photographer, Emily-Melissa Photography
Photography: Emily-Melissa Photography
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal