On the day that Rachel popped the question, Nicole was over the moon. “I was going to propose to her!” Nicole later stated.
They hadn’t been dating very long before Rachel asked the question of a lifetime. Naturally, this raised some concerns from their loved ones.
“Sometimes you just know.” they both said, in separate, individual conversations.
Witnessing their bond in person, I agreed.
To know Nicole (and we’ve been best friend’s since college!) is to know she’s a self proclaimed cat lady. When Rachel called me with the idea, that she would tie a bow around Chloe’s (Nicole’s cat) neck leaving Nicole to stumble upon the ring I responded, “OMG that is SO freaking perfect and SO Nicole!”. Giddily, we both sent pictures back and forth of rings we like for Nicole and settled on one that Rachel ordered immediately.
She could not wait for the ring to arrive and was so eager to propose the very same day the ring arrived!
As of today, there are no doubts left. One quick look at their engagement session shows anyone that these two were absolutely made for each other.
From the photographer, Emily-Melissa Photography
Photography: Emily-Melissa Photography
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Wedding invitation company is allowed to discriminate against gay couples
- ABC’s ‘Bachelor’ TV franchise makes history with first same-sex engagement
- Monochromatic countryside double wedding inspiration
- Lesbian couple denied by California winery wedding venue receives apology after performer Nikki Levy intervenes
- 12 creative and unique alternative wedding cakes for your celebration
- 22 couples with tattoos who prove ink is the best wedding look
- Lesbian pioneers in fight for marriage equality now in bitter divorce battle challenging definition of marriage
- Double engagement inspiration in the Arizona Cactus Garden
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- Gay dads around globe get less parental leave than lesbian parents and straight couples