Cassandra Zetta is a queer wedding photographer specializing in LGBTQ+ weddings and elopements. With the belief that all relationships deserve to be celebrated, her mission is to create an inclusive and safe space where everyone can live and love openly. She’s a preferred Equally Wed photographer. Visit her on equallywed.com and cassandrazetta.com.
What trans people want wedding vendors to know
Cassandra Zetta, 5 years ago 6 min read
Married trans people weigh in on what they want wedding vendors to know
LGBTQ+ wedding photography: how to pose your couples
Cassandra Zetta, 5 years ago 4 min read
One of the most frequently asked questions when working with LGBTQ+ couples is how to pose them. But before you can learn how to pose LGBTQ+ couples, it’s important to understand why this has created a struggle in the minds of many. Through societal teachings and expectations, we’re given binary roles based on our sex assigned at birth. Men are conditioned to be dominant protectors, and women are to take care of the household and be gentle nurturers. Women are to dream about marrying Prince Charming, fantasize about their dream wedding and a white dress, and men stereotypically, are entirely disinterested in weddings.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- A destination mountain wedding in Breckenridge, Colorado, with a rainbow cake
- 10 lawn games to have at your spring wedding
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line
- Best cake topper ideas for LGBTQ+ weddings
- A Gatsby-inspired vow renewal at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia
- A classic black-and-white Vermont wedding with rustic accents and a bold floral choice
- 7 lucky Irish wedding traditions
- Your wedding style according to your zodiac sign