Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
Format: Styled Shoot
Location: Haiku I Do, Asheville, NC
Setting: Garden, Urban
Colors: Marigold, Magenta, Purple, Navy, Blue, Teal, Forest, Black, Gold
Marriage, in so many ways, is a nod to tradition. Marriage is how families were merged, how property was inherited and how social bonds were defined. Marriage is often about stability, permanence and legacy. It’s solid. Familiar. Safe.
And yet marriage is also dynamic. Marriage is about new alliances, new directions, new possibilities. It is creative. And bold. Most importantly, marriage is about love.”—Esther Godfrey
Through experiences and conversations, a group of wedding vendors in Asheville, NC recognized the need to expand the ways that the community and society envisioned marriage. Motivated by this shared mission, this group of artists, designers, chefs, photographers, musicians, venues, models and stylists formed organically. They named their collective “Queen Wayne” and have come together to celebrate marriage in all its forms, with all its potential, to commemorate unions and to transform society.
In a recent styled shoot they created a visual experience of a non-traditional tradition – an aesthetic expression of a wedding that moves beyond heterosexual expectations, gender binaries and romantic limitations.
The Queen Wayne collective hopes to lead the industry forward to a more inclusive future and hopefully inspire others to imagine a wedding industry that is more playful, open and welcoming to all.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Cappy Phalen Photography
Photographer: Daniela Guerrero Photography
Floral Designer: Stigma and Style
Apparel: House of Kismet
Culinary: Picnic Pop-Up
Culinary: Urban Graze Co.
Reception Venue: Haiku I Do
Cinema and Video: Grand Jour
Makeup Artist: Brushes And Braids
Hair Stylist: Brushes And Braids
Design and Decor: Vintage Indigo Rentals
Dress Store: Juniper James Bridal
Specialty Foods: Buggy Pops
Cake Designer: Layered by Lex
Maria (Mo) Palladino
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights